Chapter 42: Movie Date

I uncomfortably tried to look anywhere and everywhere but the mechanics horrendous buttcrack hanging out of his loose, oil spattered jeans. The belt he had on was not helping whatsoever.

"Whelp, you've got yourself an oil leak going on. I'm surprised the engine didn't burst into flames or some shit," Brendon, our mechanic, said as he stood up straight.

He wiped the grease and oil on his already dirty shirt. Logan let out a heavy huff as he turned to us, his scruffy mustache twitching.

"Looks like it's from general wear I guess. Can't see anything that would've done this. We can either do a patch for a cheap and quick fix or I can replace the part all together," Brendon crossed his arms and looked at us for a decision.

"We'll take the new part," I said before Logan could consider anything. That truck is basically his child and we've been putting some major miles on it.

"Eva, that's going to be so expensive-" Logan began but I cut him off with a smile.

"Worth it babe," I said and started looking for my money.

"I don't want you to pay for my-"

"Shhh!"

I heard him sigh but he didn't seem to want to argue.

"It'll be probably around two hours or so," Brendon said after letting me pay and I nodded.

I turned to Logan, "We're just going to have to find something to do I guess."

"Well we had a great solution earlier when we were bored," he raised an eyebrow at me and smirked suggestively.

My cheeks returned to a deep blush and I chuckled nervously, "Ah, no, um, I think I'm hungry."

I turned to Brendon, who was looking at Logan with an unreadable look, "Are there any good restaurants within walking distance?"

His mustache tilted to the side as he contemplated, "Yeah. There's Bernie's. My buddies and I like it. Try the chocolate pie. It's just down that way."

He gestured somewhere down the street and I smiled, nodding, "Thanks. We'll be back. Uh, is it alright if we just leave our puppy inside the truck? I don't think she'd be allowed in the restaurant."

Brendon nodded and I put Nix in the truck to wait, kissing her nose as I promised to come back for her.

I turned to Logan and he patted his trucks hood as if he was saying goodbye.

"It'll be fine," I reassured him, leading him towards the door of the auto garage.

"Yeah," he mumbled distractedly.

I was happy that I'd gotten the chance to change into an actual outfit after we'd gotten to the garage. Logan simply threw a shirt on and buttoned his pants.

I took his hand as we walked down the sidewalk to find Bernie's. Logan seemed to begin to relax as we walked, a small smile on his lips.

Bernie's was a small restaurant that was tucked in between buildings on a corner. It may have been small, but it was obviously famous. People could been seen through the large windows and the restaurant looked to be full.

It wasn't one of those restaurants that were on the map. It was a small town hotspot that was hidden for the people who live here.

I liked these sorts of places more than well known places. They were homier and had a different atmosphere. The bell at the door jingled as we stepped inside. A few people turned to look in our direction before returning to their meals.