Chapter 6: Roadtrip

Ten minutes into driving, I pulled out my journal and immediately started to write.

"What are you doing?" Logan asked.

"Writing. I'm going to document this whole trip. I'll want to remember everything," I said as I began to scribble down this mornings and last nights events. I made sure to note the date and time, like a professional log.

"I'll stick to my camera," he chuckled.

Niagara Falls was about six and a half hours away, that was plenty of time. I finished writing not too long after I began and put my journal back in the bag.

"So..." Logan drawled out after a stretch of silence.

"So..." I said, mimicking him unsurely. It was beginning to really set in that I was in a truck with a total stranger.

"Um, want to play a game?" He glanced at me. A game?

I shrugged and nodded, "Sure, what game?"

"Well, you're a stranger to me and vise versa. How about we play twenty questions?"

"Sounds fun," I grinned, "You first."

"Okay..," Logan said, pursing his lips, "How about...what's your favorite color?"

I mulled over the question, "That bright brilliant blue that the Caribbean ocean looks like. What about you?"

"Green, like evergreen- green," Logan smiled, "Your turn."

"Um...What's the craziest thing you've ever done?"

Logan grinned and hook his head, his cheeks turning a little pink, "Well, uh, I may or may not have pulled a pretty absurd prank with some buddies in high school. We were seniors and had to top the others. We spray painted two sheep, one pink and one green. Then we numbered them one and three. We let them loose in the school during lunch and it was...chaos. The school spent four days looking for a nonexistent sheep that they thought would be number two."

I placed my hand over my mouth as I began to laugh heartily. I couldn't stop the gross laugh as I just couldn't get over the fact that he released spray painted sheep in a school.

I'd never heard of such a prank.

Logan started to laugh with me and I was near tears when I was finally able to catch my breath.

"That sounds amazing!" I giggled, "It must've been fun."

"It was," he agreed, "What was your craziest adventure?"

My laughter faded and I tried to think of something crazy that I've done. But I couldn't think of anything that would even rival Logan's craziest memory.

"Well, I wasn't allowed to do much at all, but this one time, my parents went on a trip to Bora Bora and left me home with the maids. One of them was young and her name was Marcy. She was like a fun babysitter. We stayed up all night long one night. She let me eat pizza, drink soda, have candy, play on her phone, jump on the bed, destroy some pillows- I even cracked an expensive plate," I chuckled, remembering the fun I had had with her.

"Sounds wild for a kid," Logan nodded.

That was pitiful, I thought to myself.

"I was thirteen," I looked at him with a grin, "Mom and dad found out though. Marcy was fired and I was grounded for so long. Now our maids aren't allowed to socialize with me. My parents didn't want them to influence me."

"So, wait, how did you go to school and not get influenced?" Logan raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't. I was taught by tutors and professors. My parents are trying to line me up for Duke or Harvard or Yale or something," I grumbled, making a face.