Chapter 13: Pizza & Aloe..

"Just grab it!"

"It's weird!"

"You can do it Eva."

"....Agh! It tried to get me, no!"

"Well if you're too pansy..."

"Shut up! I'll do it," I hissed at Logan indignantly and looked back at the sand.

A blue crab stared up at me with its claws raised, poised to strike and chop my fingers off.

"Don't get pinched," Logan said in my ear.

I pushed him away in mock frustration, "It won't hurt me."

He chuckled and sat back in the sand, waiting for me intently. We had been laying out on the beach to enjoy the late afternoon sun after burgers and this crab ran across my leg.

Logan had dared me to pick it up.

As it turns out, I am not the bravest of people around a small crustacean with large claws.

It's weird little stalk eyes waved around and it stared me down menacingly. Ughh, it made me cringe.

I maneuvered my hand around its back end and wondered how to do this. I growled and snatched it up before it could pinch me.

"Yes!" I cried victoriously, waving the crab around. Logan let out a happy yell with me.

The crabs legs trembled in the air erratically as it tried to get away.

Logan stopped laughing completely when I set it on top of his head to avoid the spindly legs.

"Eva!"

I laughed harder and rolled onto my side, watching Logan sit there, absolutely frozen and looking at me in panic. The crab wore a similar expression.

"It's going to pinch my ear or something. Get it off..."

"It's just a widdle crab," I chuckled tauntingly. I think he's too pansy.

Logan raised a hand and quickly swatted the crab off his head. It hit the sand and hurriedly scurried away, disappearing into a hole.

"Aw you lost it," I giggled.

"It's getting late," Logan said, looking out over the ocean. I stood up and got closer to him, sitting on the towel next to him.

The sun was beginning to set and we'd spent the whole day at the beach.

"Awesome," Logan murmured, snapping some pictures.

I pulled my coke can out of the sand and took a drink, "Yeah it's beautiful."

I tiredly leaned against his shoulder. I was pretty drained from today, even though we'd taken it easy. Being out in the sun for so long proved to be a little exhausting.

"Are you liking your trip so far?" Logan asked, looking at me.

I smiled and nodded against his shoulder, "I'm loving it. I made a friend too."

"Oh so we're friends?" he chuckled, nudging me.

I rolled my eyes, "No, me and the crab- Yeah loser, we're friends."