The Crash and Burn

Start from the beginning

He walked in without either of them saying a word. Camila slowly shut the door and swallowed hard. MGK pulled his jacket off and set it on the couch and turned to face Camila.

"This is a nice place you have." He said as he approached her. Camila swallowed again, closing her eyes as his hand grazed her cheek.

"Why aren't you talking. You did invite me up here."

She didn't know what to do. Should she try to get away or just give in like she did so many times in the past. Secretly she hoped Lauren or Dinah had called for help.

"Don't expect to be saved baby. I told your little girlfriend not to call anyone or try in anyway to get you out of here or I would kill you." As he said those last words he flashed the gun he had hidden under his shirt. Camila was stuck.

Dinah's POV

"Lauren... I..." Dinah had been trying to figure out what to say for the past 20 minutes but nothing seemed good enough. Lauren was just holding her head in her knees crying and Dinah felt helpless. Lauren was the strongest person she knew, seeing her cry broke her heart because she knew that Lauren only cried when things were serious.

"Lauren, I'm gonna call the cops..." She didn't sound as confident as she wanted to but she opened her phone to begin dialing. Lauren's hand shot up, taking Dinah's phone.

"You can't, you heard what he said." The look in Lauren's eyes scared Dinah. She had never seen Lauren look so hopeless.

"I have too. She's my best friend and I can't let her go through that again. We weren't there for her last time and when I found out it killed me. Yeah we had some bad blood but damn Lauren, when she called me that night crying about what had happened it broke my heart. It made it worse when she said that all she truly wanted was to talk to you but when she called you there was no answer."

Lauren hated that Dinah brought up the night Camila called after MGK had once again raped Camila. Dinah knew to shut her mouth, but the look that Lauren gave told her that she could call for help. She took her phone from Lauren's grasp and dialed 911.

----------

Lauren's POV

The cops arrived 6 minutes later. There were a lot of them. The firs two on the scene asked the girls why they didn't call sooner. Lauren was too speechless to talk so Dinah explained everything. They girls were allowed to follow the cops up to the room just in case Camila needed them for comfort, which everyone believed she would.

Lauren's heart was beating so fast as they entered the elevator. It continued to rise as they went up each floor to the top floor. The door opened and she felt as if her heart was going to jump out of her chest. They slowly approached the door. Lauren handed the cops her key as to make the least amount of noise as possible.

The key turned in the door and Lauren turned her heard afraid of what she might see next. The door opened and Lauren heard a loud scream of help. She shot her head towards the door and despite the cops trying to pull her back, she ran into the apartment ready to kill the sun of a bitch who hurt her baby.

----------

Camila's POV

It had been an hour since the incident. Despite pleas not to go, Camila was put into an ambulance and sent to the hospital. Lauren went with her and Dinah took a cab, as her mom refuses to let her drive, keeping her from getting her license.

"I hate hospitals.." Camila whined as they drove. Lauren was holding her hand and trying so hard to keep her head from bringing back the images from the night's events.

"I know baby. But it is needed." Lauren squeezed Camila's hand and kissed her on the head. "I should have gone up there. I shouldn't have just sat in the lobby like a fool. I should have killed him. I..." Lauren was cut off by Camila's lips hitting hers.

"please don't say it. I don't want you to say it because I don't want you to think it. Please just be with me here and forger him." Camila could see that Lauren was not going to be able to do that, but she nodded and responded with an "okay" anyways to make Camila feel better.

"I'm fine I promise." Camila pleaded to the doctor. "This isn't the first time that..." Camila cut herself off. The look on Lauren's face made it hard for her to speak. Lauren knew what had happened in the past but it still pained her to hear about it because she has always felt responsible.

Camila finished up at the hospital just after 1am. They sent her home only after the cops said they had MGK in full custody. Lauren kept begging Camila to look for a new place all the way back home, but Camila never budged.

"I love my place I'm not just gonna move because he knows where I love."

Lauren shook her head. "That's not why I want you to move."

Camila didn't get it at first, but a glance at Dinah told her what Lauren meant.

"Babe... If it bothers you that bad, I will move." Camila paused when Lauren lifted her head to look in her eyes as if to ask "Really?" But then she continued. "Only under one condition... We have to get a dog." Lauren smiled so bug back at Camila and all three girls began to laugh.

"Deal."