Chapter XXX: Once Upon A Time (2)

Start from the beginning

"Just leave, I truly don't want you here." snarled John. Thomas shrugged.

"Whatever, but I'm telling your father anyway, good luck Johnny boy." he winked and licked his lips, John rolled his eyes and sat back on the bed. "Alexander!" he heard Thomas, and John quickly turned his head, and saw Alexander looking at Thomas with such a cold stare that could end global warming, because global warming is definitely real.

Thomas left, and he saw Alexander, behind him, Eliza stood, her colors looked kinda dull, but John didn't mind. All he wanted to know was how Alexander felt now.

"John, I just... I want to ask you, why would you hide something like this from me?" Alexander looked at him with wondering and hurt eyes. John looked at Eliza, she just smiled at him nervously, which totally didn't make him feel any better. He took a deep breath.

"When you high-fived me, I got color, and you– you were so happy and infatuated with Eliza, I didn't want to ruin any of that. You were very– well, like, super happy and excited that Eliza was your soulmate. And me, who waited he's whole life for a soulmate, I had this feeling that you wouldn't choose me and I decided to just hide it because it was too much for me to take in, I couldn't handle that kind of rejection. My father rejecting me? Yeah, I can mildly deal with that. But the person who I'm supposed to be happy with the rest of my life, rejecting me because there's someone who's better than me was something that seemed too intense for me, I would've had a meltdown and I– I didn't knew if I would be able to handle something like that..." He mumbled looking down. "Then it escalated to something I couldn't handle, to something that was now way beyond my power." he looked up at Alexander. His stare softened.

"John... I do admit that I was angry, this was information that it was apparently too important for me and it was his from me... but I do admit that there was a line and I deliberately closed it because I wanted to hurt you. It was a dick move from me, but I just... I wasn't thinking well!" she ran his hands through his hair in a nervous manner.

Eliza smiled brightly. "Just tell him, Alexander."

Alexander looked at John with soft, nervous eyes. "I choose you, John."

Everything for John stopped, it was as if God itself fell right upon that place and gave him eternal happiness.

He stood up and walked over to Alexander, grabbing him by the collar on his shirt and kissing him on the lips. John could've cried of joy. Alexander wrapped his arms around John's neck and kissed him back. It was like that kiss was enough, words weren't needed.

John knew he would be able to live a whole, happy life. Not even his father would be able to even try and ruin anything now.

"You have no idea how glad I am to hear that." he said as he mumbled and kissed him again.

They pulled away once they heard Eliza chuckling faintly. "Yep, if you're going to do the dirty, I will leave—"

"We're not gonna–" John started blushing madly, he was interrupted by Alexander's soft 'We're not?' and he blushed even a deeper shade of red. "I mean... if you want to, we could do someth—"

"I'm off." Eliza stood up laughing, but John quickly followed. "C'mon John, I have to tell you something, Alexander, stay here." she said as she dragged John to the hallway and closed the door. "You deserve it, John."

"I just... I can't believe this—" he couldn't stop smiling, small tears of joy forming on his eyes. "I'm sorry he didn't pick you, and—"

"Don't be, I'll live, I have loads of friends, and it's not like I have to stop dating, you know?" she winked at him. "Now, you go inside, and enjoy your Alexander, I'll be the one to deliver the news to Hercules, Laf, and Peggy." she hugged him and kissed his cheek. "See you back in biology and biochemistry." she chuckled and walked out.

•••

Did people caked them idiots because they took four years to finally get married? Yes. Was it worth it? Definitely.

John was currently getting ready for his wedding, with Alexander, he had to keep himself from crying out of joy.

"I swear that if you cry and smudge the eyeliner–"

"It's just the waterline, Lafayette." said John laughing. "I don't think it'll be noticeable, you know?"

"Still, I want you to look your best in your wedding. I looked amazing in mine." he said shrugging. The wedding was all John could ever hope for and more. The ceremony, the reception, the food, the guests. Everything was all John could ever desire, dream, or wish for.

"John, I love you." said Alexander smiling as they slow danced together.

"I love you, Alexander." and he did, and forever will.

Short but happy enough :D
~ Sam 🌼