Chapter 22: This is where it gets confusing

JANE's POV

"Are you sure you want to be with us again?" Park Jinyoung, someone whom I treated like a father during my trainee days asked me.

"Yes, I'm sure. I feel that in here you will be able to help me grow more as an artist. I don't want to wait any longer. I want to do it now." I said determined to be back here, back home.

"Well, you are a very big asset for our company so I say let's do it. We'll start making the contract. How about making an agreement about the amount?" I smiled at him, ahh forever my papa.

"Appa, you know I trust you. Whatever amount you think is suitable would be okay with me; to be honest I can even sign a wager promising that I would agree with all the things the contract would require." I said seriously because I know deep in my heart that JYP would be the one who would help me with my career and I know that my appa would never let anything bad happen to me; I trust him that much.

"I'm thankful that you trust me this much and my relationship with each artist of JYP is very precious to me, you're all like family to me already, but I want you to think of this very carefully. I don't want you to regret any of this in the long run. We will set up an appointment with you and your lawyer as soon as possible." I've always respected his decisions that's why I just nodded.

"Okay, appa. I'm gonna get going now since I still have a schedule to attend to. We'll talk soon." We stood up and I hugged him tightly. I left his office and as I was walking I saw Mark from afar and he was with a girl, but I couldn't decipher who she was. 

"Mark!" he was laughing at what the girl said when he heard me call out his name. His whole face lit up when he saw me and immediately came to where I was. 

"Hey, baby what brings you all the way here? Missed me?" I gave him an admonishing look, "Stop calling me that! Someone might hear you." He pouted and took a great deal of self-restraint not to pinch his cheeks! The girl he was with started approaching us and the nearer she got I finally realized that it was Jessica. 

"Hey, you! I haven't seen you in long while. I really want for us to hang out while I'm still here in Korea since I feel that we would have A LOT to do together." She really is so nice and even prettier without makeup on! I would feel insecure if it weren't for the reason that I just really love her personality. 

"I would love that! Let's plan that, hm? I really gotta run since I still have something scheduled today. Nice seeing you both!" I ran towards the exit but not before catching Mark winking at me. I smiled secretly at myself knowing things are finally becoming okay between us.

MARK'S POV

"You're a lucky guy." I was staring at the exit where Jane just a left a few moments ago. I looked at Jessica taken aback since I never told her anything about Jane. Is it possible that the other members mentioned something?

"Huh? What do you mean?" I looked at her like she just told me I was born a girl trying really hard to conceal my nervousness at the thought of her knowing about his situation with Jane. 

"Seriously? You're an idol, Mark, but you're no actor. And are you really going to lie to me? I know you like the back of my palm." I sighed and gave up the facade knowing that if there is one person in this world I can't lie to, it's Jessica. I don't know, she just knows me. 

"How long have you known?" She smiled at me sadly and looked away when she said, "Since she walked into the bar that night you guys reconciled." 

"That long? How? Who told you?" Ugh I'm really gonna need to give a good beating to my members. Them and their big mouths. 

"I didn't need anyone telling me, Mark. I've figured it out myself." I made a pshh sound knowing that was total bullshit and she was just trying to protect my members from tattling behind my back. 

"Come on now, girl, just tell me who said I won't beat them up I promise." I playfully smiled at her just to let her know I was only kidding. 

She looked me straight in the eye and then there I saw the sadness she hardly tried to conceal awhile ago. My grin faded and I was about to ask what was wrong when she said, "I know because that's exactly the way you looked at me before. And that's probably the way I look at you." I was shocked. I was already aware of the fact that she still had feelings for me, but it never crossed my mind that she would willingly give up that information. I was lost for words not knowing how to respond. 

She laughed then the hurt in her eyes was gone again, only now I know she was still feeling hurt. "I'm happy for you, Mark. This is the happiness you deserve. I'm so happy you decided to fall in love because that is what you deserve." She smiled wistfully and scratched the back of her head. 

"Anyway, I'm heading out! We're gonna see each other tonight, okay?" She turned to leave without giving me the chance to react, but at the last minute she looked back and hugged me tightly while saying "I love you." She ran after that never looking back. 

I stood there shell-shocked not knowing how to process what just occurred. When I was able to finally analyze what just happened I only thought of one thing

I'm hurt. It's the hurt I've been trying to conceal all this time when I left. I'm hurt to the point where I feel it physically in all parts of my body and the worst part is...

 my heart hurts the most and I don't know if it's hurting for her or for myself

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally an update (although a very short one)! I know it's been more than a year and I don't even know if anyone is still reading this, but I really don't know how to do it with a lot of things bothering me in college. Will try to update as frequently as I can since I already know where I want this story to go. Tell me if you have any suggestions so that I can write your fantasy for Mark and Jane! x

To the new readers, cheers! x

P.S. I wrote this book in 2014. I was 14 years old back then. PLEASE. don't make fun of this book's content from the past chapters. Don't mock it, don't make fun of it, don't say anything if you have nothing nice to say! I'm already cringing as it is and I'm doing my best to edit it so please just stop. I may have to delete it if I see another mocking comment. Thank you!