I press a kiss to her cheek saying, "It'll be alright Joe,"

"How can you say th-"

"I love you." I cut her off, this time I left a kiss on the corner of her mouth.

Joe was taken from me and I was told to wait in a small room in the private area of the hospital. I paced around the room, my mind kept trying to tell me everything would be okay but reality told me otherwise.

Maybe I shouldn't have had sex with her on the jet.

Fuck!

What if it's all my fault?

She was so weak when they took her away, it was like the life in her eyes was fading. I can't lose her, I just can't. I don't know what I'd do if I did, Joe Hemmings is my everything and I am nothing without her.

As I run a hand through my short curls I feel the first tear drip down my cheek leaving a trail of dampness behind it.

Before I know what I was doing, I had my phone in my hand and dialled a number.

"Hello?" Her voice was like an angel's voice ringing in my ears. "Who is this?" I've missed her voice so much. "Whoever this is, I can hear your bre-"

"Mum, i-it's Harry,"

"Harry? Oh my god, my little Harry?" I heard a sob come through the phone. "Say it again,"

"Mum, it's Harry," I repeated.

She gasped. "It is you! Harry! I never thought I'd hear from you again, you and your friend Neill dropped off the-"

"It's Niall," I corrected her. I haven't spoken to my mother for months, I just put money into her bank account without her knowing. "I'm sorry," I croaked out. "I'm sorry for not contacting you, I-" My voice broke at the end and a sob ripped through my chest.

"Harry? Is everything okay?" I could hear the concern laced within her voice. "What's happened?"

So for the next thirty minutes, I explained everything to my mum, she was overjoyed I had finally found someone to love and said she gave me her blessing to marry Joe. I apologized for losing contact with her and I also told her about my reunion with Gemma.

"Mum it's been ages since they took her, what if she's-"

"She'll be fine Harry, Joe Hemmings sounds like she's a fighter." Mum tried to reassure me but I couldn't the feeling that something terrible happened.

I sobbed into the phone, tears flowing freely from my eyes now. "You didn't see her face mum, she was so pale when they took her and h-her eyes looked dull and lifeless,"

"Harry listen me," Mum spoke softly. "She will be fine and-"

"Mr Styles?" I spun on my heels to find a male blonde haired doctor standing at the opened door with a clipboard in his hand. "I'll give you a minute." He pointed to my phone.

I gave him a nod. "Mum I have to go, the doctors here."

"Alright darling, please keep informed."

"I will-"

"And Harry?"

"Yes?"

"I love you,"

I gasped, using the back of my hand I wiped tears from my cheeks. "And I love you, mum."

Shortly after we exchanged our goodbyes I turned to face the doctor, his face had a frown on it and lips were pulled into a straight line.

"Mr Styles, I'm Doctor Jonathan, I-"