[Chapter 31]: Catch her

Start from the beginning

"OI TODOROKI. YOU DON'T NEED TO WARN ME, I'M YOUR OPPONENT." He smirked.

"It wouldn't be much fun if you lost to a building that you yourself knocked down." You rubbed the back of your head and blushed.

"(Y/n), please refrain from using such destructive force again or we'll have to stop the fight." All Might called through your mic.

"I understand." You responded back. Todoroki readied himself once more.

"I hope you're ready because play time's over." 

Damn, what a change from his normal attitude. 

He was typically pretty quiet in class. But right now he was overbearing, intimidating in an almost playful manner. You were letting loose, and it felt good.

You slammed your hands against the ground, consuming the cement at an alarming rate. Todoroki placed a single hand on the ground as well, ice beginning to coat it. It made its way over against the ground. 

He's trying to immobilize me

You took a deep breath and quieted your racing heart.

"What the hell?! She's not moving at all!" Sero yelled.

"If she lets Todoroki's ice encase her, she's done." Momo added as she crossed her arms. Aizawa watched the screen with a smile.

You slowly allowed the absorbed energy to radiate outwards from your body. 

Think about it as a bubble. So long as the matter inside the bubble is unstable, the ice won't be able to reach me. Like a force field. 

Todoroki gasped as the ice halted, unable to get any closer to you. He clicked his tongue and whispered.

"What the hell..?"

I wonder... If I channel the energy to the soles of my feet...

You were beginning to become more daring. Discharging energy from your feet, you allowed your shoes to disintegrated. There was a glow beneath you.

Todoroki narrowed his eyes. What is she- He wasn't even able to finish his thought before you launched forward, appearing before him in an instant. With a grunt, you slammed your elbow against his stomach, sending him flying backward. 

Holy shit that actually worked.

"WHAT THE-" Katsuki gasped, crimson orbs widening at the screen. The whole class practically had their jaws to the floor.

"She moved almost as fast as All Might..." Izuku covered his mouth.

"I see..." Momo held her chin. "She appears to be breaking down matter and using it as fuel. She accelerated her movement by focusing that energy to her feet. Incredible..."

"WHAT THE HELL?! WHY HASN'T SHE BEEN USING THIS THE WHOLE YEAR?!" Kaminari grabbed his head in disbelief. Katsuki glanced away and mumbled.

"You fuckers have no idea..."

Todoroki grasped his stomach and shot his gaze up. You stood motionless cringing in pain. Your entire lower half was burning and fatigued. 

I guess it's because I've never trained my legs to deal with this power...

After taking a deep breath, you sprinted forward in an attempt to close the distance between you and your opponent. 

I have to get in close. I can beat him in a fist fight! 

Todoroki noticed what you were trying to do. Quickly, he pressed his hands against the ground, forming a wall of ice between you two before running backward.

Ahh, he's smart. 

When you arrived at the wall, you placed your hands on it. 

Damn, it's too thick. I'll waste too much time breaking it down. 

After only absorbing a bit of matter, you widened your stance and prepared to jump. 

This is gonna hurt!

Forcing energy out of your feet once more, you launched yourself up and over the large ice wall. You soared through the air with a grin. You had never felt this powerful. When your eyes landed on Todoroki, he had already launched a pillar of ice directly up towards you. You had to think fast. 

What would Katsuki do... OF COURSE! 

Your arm lifted to your side. I just have to propel myself out of the way! But no energy discharged from your hand. 

SHIT I HAVE NOTHING TO BREAK DOW-

Your frantic thoughts were cut short by the feeling of ice slicing into your abdomen. As you plummeted from the air, your mind raced as to how you could soften your landing.

"SHE HAS NO WAY TO LAND! SHE'LL BREAK HER BACK AT THAT HEIGHT!" Ochaco screamed. Katsuki was silent. 

It's not like you were gonna die. 

Recovery girl can just heal you. 

It's a fight, that's just how it was. 

But the thought of you wallowing on the ground in pain was sinking into his mind. Before he knew it, he had made his way to the front of the group. Quickly, he snatched the mic out of All Mights hand.

"DON'T JUST FUCKING STAND THERE! CATCH HER ICYHOT!"