CHAPTER 38

Before anything else, heheheh, i would like to thank all of you for supporting, voting and reading this story!!! Happy 5,000+ reads babies!!! I love you all!! Okay, hope you'll enjoy this :)

------

The boys were just chilling at their house, lazing around their living room, currently in their own worlds. Taehyung was lying on the small sofa located beside their window. Jin was sitting on his ‘grandpa couch’, as his younger friends addressed his single sofa that could also be a rocking chair, staring at his phone reading some novel. Jungkook was lying on the couch that was in front of their television playing some games on his phone. While Jimin turned off their television as he noticed that no one’s watching anyway.

He looked around to check on his friends. He sighed in dismay as he figured nothing has changed. They were still as lifeless as ever. Just like Rose, he also tried to cheer them up by offering them to do something they enjoyed all together, like playing basketball, playing video games on their TV, hitting the arcade, or simply eat out and order every food that they want. But all of that was rejected much to his disappointment.

He looked at Taehyung and saw that he was sleeping but he sensed that he just had his eyes closed thinking about something, and he already knew what that’s about. He turned to Jin and saw him focused on his phone, he sensed that he was reading because he knew his eldest friend likes to read, but he knew better than that, he’s just distracting himself from all his problems. He watched Jungkook playing with his phone, but he knew he’s just doing it to kill some time and just like their hyung, distracting himself, keeping himself busy. He knew he wasn’t enjoying the game cause knowing Jungkook he would’ve been yelling loudly when he lose, and jumping around when he won.

He let out a deep sigh sadly. Their house was so dreadfully peaceful and boring, it was as silent as the library or maybe the library could have been noisier at some point. It has been like that for a week. He hoped that in just days, everything would go the way they wanted it to be but turned out he had his hopes up too high. He felt terribly bad for his friends. It hurt him to see them so problematic. They used to be always full of life and energy but became the complete opposite just because of one night. Cannot handle the deafening silence anymore, Jimin went back to their home theater and turned on their Bluetooth speaker, connecting his phone.

After that, he went to the other single sofa and settled himself on it, then played whatever song before he closed his eyes trying to relax himself.

Jungkook stopped playing for a moment hearing the song was by his favorite foreign artist. He sang along to it flawlessly as it was his favorite, but stopped midway when he realized something…

I gave you everything, baby
everything I had to give
Girl, why would you push me away, yeah?
Lost in confusion, like an illusion
you know I'm used to making your day

He realized the song just described the whole situation he was experiencing for a week now. He was sure he gave everything that he thought Lisa deserved, he gave everything that would make her happy, and contented. He gave her his time, his effort, his love… But still she pushed him away so suddenly without saying anything. One week had passed, but no matter how hard he knocked his head for possible reasons why would she broke up with him, nothing came up. Totally leaving him in confusion. He tried calling and texting her but nothing came back to him. Nothing…

The memories of the times when Lisa was smiling so brightly and thanking him countless times because of him, because she said he made her day extra wonderful and all, because she appreciated them, came back to him like a flood, making him smile unconsciously…

But that is the past now
we didn't last now
I guess that this is meant to be, yeah

His smile slowly faded realizing that all of that was in the past now already, their relationship didn’t even last a year and it ended so soon like a flash. Making him question himself if that’s how it really should be…