CHAPTER 26

Jennie felt bad leaving Taehyung like that. She clearly knew that he felt bad hearing Min Jae's reply to his question, and also because she didn't tell him about this tour with his brother.

She wanted to stay there and be beside him like he always did to her. But she decided that it'll be best to leave and take his brother with her. In that case, the intense atmosphere surrounding their once peaceful table will fade. And she hoped it does.

"Min Jae–ssi, where do you want to go first? North wing, South wing, East or West wing?" she asked politely when they reached the school grounds just near their school's front gate.

"Ah, your choice Jennie. You're the boss," he playfully replied.

Jennie let out an awkward laugh hearing his response, "The North wing then," she decided then started walking leaving him behind.

She just kept on walking wherever their feet led them. No conversations were made as Jennie just spoke when she had something to tell about their school's premises, or whenever she would tell them the name of the places or building inside their campus, like the library, the mini park where they always hang out after or before class, and the oval where lots of students love to take a walk.

She would occasionally glance at Min Jae and every time she does, Min Jae was always staring at her with his wide smile that she had always seen since the day that they met. She would just looked away and continued on walking for it made her uncomfortable that she decided to start a conversation as they stopped on a shaded area near the mini park, "Min Jae–ssi, can I ask you why did you transfer here?" she asked curiously as she turned around and face him.

Min Jae smiled as finally Jennie turned around to face him, "Ah, like I said, something or rather someone interests me in this school," he mysteriously answered.

Jennie nodded, thinking that it was Taehyung that interests him since they were related, "I guess it's Taehyung, since he's your brother," she voiced out.

Then confusion flashed her face as she saw how Min Jae frowned upon hearing her answer, "Aniya, not my brother," he bluntly answered making Jennie frown too. She felt bad for Taehyung as seeing how Min Jae disregard him as his brother. Plus she never forgot how Min Jae emphasized the word half when they first met by the way he said half-brother.

"Aren't you two close?" she asked curiously.

Min Jae shrugged, "Well, when we were still in Daegu, hyung was always the one who reach out to me."

"Well I think Taehyung is just very affectionate when it comes to his dongsaengs," she felt herself smile as she remembered how Taehyung talked about his younger siblings that they met in Daegu, he talked about them with a lot of fondness, affection, and don't forget that big smile on his face, also the longing and pure joy in his eyes as he spoke.

"Yeah, and it annoyed me sometimes," he nonchalantly shared that caused Jennie's smile to slowly fade upon hearing it.

"What a rude thing to say towards your brother," it annoyed the hell out of Jennie. She supposed Taehyung was too nice for him, he really treats Min Jae like a brother, the joy he felt whenever he sees him, and also cared for him, but then she realized that Min Jae doesn't deserve all of that for at some point he doesn't treat Taehyung as a real brother.

Min Jae looked at Jennie with an annoyed expression hearing her cold tone, "What's wrong Jennie? Did I say something wrong?"

"Yes, he is your HALF brother, but still he is your hyung," she added and did the same emphasis he did on the word half, making him furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance.