Part 12

Marie's pov
Miscarriage
A woman's worst nightmare
"We are gathered here today to lie Jane Richard and Nathan Richard down to rest.Id like to call Marie and Michael. The parents, up to speak" Michael gripped my hand and we walked up to the podium together.
"Most couples grief when they lose a child. They push their loved ones away and become depressed. Don't get me wrong this was a terrible event that took place in our lives and we wouldn't have been able to get through it without our loved ones and most importantly God. We have two beautiful healthy children and we can't me more grateful. Somethings are just bad timing but we are thankful that you came to watch our little angels be rested." I just stared blankly at the crowd. I looked to the left of Michael and see my still born children lying in tiny caskets.

Two months later
"Mom tell theo to leave me alone!" Jules yelled from her bedroom. I put my book down and sighed. I made my way to Jules's bedroom.
"Theo. Stop bothering your sister." He looked up at me and smiled hard. He hugged my leg and went to his bedroom across the hall.
"When does daddy come home?" I smiled.
"Soon baby.Now clean up this mess!" I laughed. I closed her door and went back to my bedroom waiting for my 8 a.m call I get from Michael everyday.
He's been gone for two months on business and it has been the loneliest months I've ever been through. The phone rang and "Michael" was written on the top. I quickly picked up but there was no sound. "Hello?" I sighed. I sat up on the bed and heard the door open. I turned around and see Michael. I jumped off the bed and into his arms.

Michales pov
I picked her up and held her tight.
"I missed you so much! I thought you had another month over there. How are you home so early?" She held my face and smiled
"I missed my family too much." Jules and Theo came running into the room.
"DADDYYYY!" They both yelled. I picked them both up. Jules was getting quite healthy.
"What do you say to banana pancakes for breakfast ?" Everyone smiled and we gladly went downstairs.

"Jules has a ballet performance soon. And Theo has a karate thing too." She took her earrings out. She put some lotion in her hand and rubbed it on her arms and neck.
"I missed you." She smiled. "Are you doing better?" She turned around and sighed. She climbed in her side of the bed. I pulled her closer.
"I'm fine Michael." That's how I know she wasn't. The miscarriage took a big toll on her. And then me leaving right after didn't really help. I didn't bother pushing her to talk to me about it. I turned to my side and went to sleep.

Few days later
Jules pov
"Gramma." She looked down to me."Can we make a surprise dinner for mommy and daddy?"
"I think that's a really good idea darling." I smiled.
Mommy and daddy haven't been so happy ever since my brother and sister were sent to heaven. Mommy sleeps a lot. Daddy works a lot and when barely have time to spend together. My birthday is coming up soon. I'm going to be 7 but I don't want mommy and daddy to throw me a party. I want them to be happy like they were before. Mommy walked down into the kitchen where Grandma, Theo and I were. She tied her robe tight and started pouring coffee in her cup.
"Mommy." She looked up at me. " I have a special surprise for you tonight. You and daddy have to be dressed fancyyyy." Theo giggle.
"Okay baby. You can't tell me what the surprise is?" She smiled.
"No silly. It's a SURPRISE." We all laughed and daddy joined us for breakfast.

Marie's pov
I slid on my black dress and pinned my hair up. Michael came out his closet in a button down shirt with some dress pants.
"I need you to at least pretend to be happy tonight Marie." I turned around.
"I AM happy Michael." He sighed. I don't know what his deal is to be honest. I looked in the mirror and smiled softly. Then made my way downstairs.

Michael took my hand and led me to the dining room. The table was set for two and there was a gorgeous meal of lasagna and salad and bread and some sides. I looked at Michael and we both smiled. He pulled out my chair and I sat down.

Michaels pov
We finished up the meal and we thanked Jules, my mother, Theo and the staff for putting it together. Marie actually seemed happy. We went up to our bedroom and she laughed. I looked at her and smiled. "What's so funny?" She smiled.
"I don't know. I'm just. I don't know!" She laughed harder. It was nice to see her happy again. "I've spent so much time being hurt and wondering what if the babies survived. I felt like a part of me was gone Michael. And to know that you just left a few days after it just..."
"Baby. I was hurt. I was torn. I left in the business trip not only because I had to but because I couldn't cope with feeling how I was feeling. I had to get my mind off it so I decided to pile up with work and just keep busy. I'm sorry that I left you. You shouldn't have gone through this alone baby I'm sorry." I hugged her. She lied her head on my chest.
Finally I had my wife back.

Hey y'all. Thanks for the support and the love ! 💋 stay tuned for more drama. Y'all ain't ready for the next few chapters 👀 stay tuned ❤️