The Guy with Golden Eyes

Chapter 48 | "The Guy with Golden Eyes"

• • •

Lydia's POV
Aaron and his friends leaves to search for Adeline's friend, and I am yet again left with Adeline; who seems to be very invested in my life. She would often ask about personal questions, like if I ever fell in love. I'm not completely sure if she's asking about my love life because she's drunk and craves affection, or if she's the type of person who would force their way into a friendship by getting to know every single detail of my personal life. Either way, I would answer her questions with another question.

"So, how was it like?" Adeline asks and I finally look into her curious eyes.

"How did what feel like?" I respond to challenge her and aim her questions towards a different direction.

"How was it like to be in love?" She asked again. By this time, I wished that Aaron would come back and save me from this woman!

"You've never been in love before?" Again, I avoid the question. As of now, I am drowning my ears into the music of the club until I hear something that's worth my attention.

"Blah, blah, blah.... this guy name Eric or something..... blah, blah, blah.... English project... blah—"

"Adeline, do you want a drink?" I intrude, giving a polite smile but also trying to notify her that she should stop asking personal questions because I will literally scream.

"No. I'm not really thirsty. Thanks." She says and continues to asks questions. Do I have to punch this girl in order for her to shut up?

Finally, I see a glimpse of Aaron and I yell for his name as if my life depended from it, because it did! I am literally going to die of boredom if I hear Adeline say another word. No offense to Adeline though. Surprisingly, Aaron heard my screams, and we had a silent conversation to meet halfway. I pull Adeline towards his direction as if I was babysitting a 5 year old child who asks way too much questions and finally handing off the little brat to its parents. As we get closer towards Aaron, Adeline stops and forcefully tugs my arm towards a different direction.

"That's him! That's my friend!" Adeline points and rushes towards the crowd. All I could do was follow because I had no idea which guy she was pointing at. Suddenly, she slows down and I can finally catch my breath. We crossed the dance floor and shoved our bodies against many sweaty armpits just for me to see the back of a random guy's head... today is not a great day for me.

Adeline taps the back of the 6-ish ft tall guy in the gray shirt, and as he turn around, I recognized the structure of his face.

"This is my friend, St—" Adeline introduces him, but I finished her sentence.

"Stiles." I stand there, motionless. I don't know whether to smile, or cry. I don't know whether I'm happy to see him again, or if I mad at the fact that he hurt me. I don't know. When I'm around him, I don't know what to do.

He looks at me. Nothing else. He just admires the situation, and gazes into my eyes. I missed his eyes. They were just plain brown, but for some reason, they look more beautiful than just brown. It was more than that. I see golden in his eyes as the colored lights hits perfectly on them. Fuck, I missed him.