Day 1 [without Lydia]

Chapter 35 | Day 1 [without Lydia]

     "Stiles! Wake up! It's 1am and I want to go home now. Stiles!"

My eyes are blurred, fading from white to black within a matter of seconds. In my head, all I could hear was Lydia's soft voice, but my eyes seem to deceive me, as I see Lydia's silhouette fading amongst the fog and dim lights. Suddenly, my eyesight slowly regains vision and I see the security guard in front of me.

     "Stiles? Are you okay?"

     "Yeah," I gasps for air, "Thanks, uhh..."

     "Funny how I know you're name but you don't know mine. All thanks to Lydia." He chuckles.

     "So, you're name is..."

     "Parrish. Jordan Parrish."

     "Well," I pat Parrish in the back, "Thanks for waking me up. You don't, happen to have, ahh, gum or some mints do you?"

     "Nope, sorry. All I have is a taser and a flashlight. "

     I groan and slowly get up, preventing myself from falling back down to the ground. The hangover is hitting me hard, and now, I remember the taste of alcohol mixed with blood from the day of the incident. As I lend forward, Parrish quickly grabs me and steadies me.

     "Stiles, you should call someone to pick you up."

     "Can you grab my phone?" I say point at my phone laying on the cement, while using my other arm to hold onto Parrish. I don't want to die falling off this hotel. That would be a shame... for the hotel's reputation.

     "Who should I call?"

     "Sc—" I stop myself as I remember the faint memory of Scott's expression as he heard me pour out the secret. "Malia."

"Uhh, what's your password?"

"2, 6, 4, 8" I mumble.

As he typed the password, he gives as the raised eyebrow look.

"What?"

"Lydia is your home screen saver?" I instantly release my grip and try to grab my phone, but failed, falling hard towards the cement.

    "Ahh!" My hand is pressed forcibly against my head in hopes of reducing the pain for falling down to the cement.

     From a distance,  I hear laughter coming out of Parrish's mouth. "Thanks for the help, Parrish. Glad to know that if I die, it'd be depended on a security guard laughing at my misery."

     "I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing with you." He responds as his laugher grows.

     "That's stupid," I groan as I pull myself up, "because I'm not laughing at all."

     "So, Stiles. You like Lydia?" Parrish says with a hint of laughter as he pulls me up from the ground.

     "Maybe a little bit more than that, but sure."

     "Oh."

     "Why are you asking?"

     "It's nothing. So uhh, are you going to call her to pick you up or—"

     "No. I'm sobered up. I'm good."

     "No, Stiles. I am not leaving you like that. Just, call someone else." Parrish commands, handing my phone back.

"Fine. I look through my contacts and my eyes trail over the familiar names. I can't call Scott because he seems to barely recognize me anymore. I can't call Lydia in her condition and the fact that she never wants to see again. I can't call Kira because she'll want to stay with Lydia. There's only one person I can call. Malia.

     "Stiles? Are you okay?" Malia speaks through the phone, and I can imagine a worried expression on her face.

     "Yeah. Just a little drunk."

     "You haven't done that for a long time. What happened?" Her voice becomes more fierce and timid.

     "Nothing, I'm fine—"

     "Bullshit. Where are you, I'm coming."

     "The Stargaze Hotel. On the rooftop." Silence creeps over, but quickly disappears as I hear Malia's engine roar.

     "Whatever you do, stay there."

•  •  •

     I look down and I watch Malia park and run out of her car and I to the building. A couple minutes pass by and I hear a loud bang from the direction of the door. There she is, Malia Tate. Running to meet with me in the middle. Our arms spread and as our bodies touched, we hold each other tightly. We stand there for a moment, and I forget that Parrish is still here. As we release, we stare at each other in the eyes, speaking with our eyes only. I can see the concern in her eyes, and for a split second, I forget about Lydia.

     "Are you okay? And be honest."

     "No, I'm not." I mumble as I look down.

     "We will talk, but first I need to take you home—"

     "No! I don't want my dad to see me like this."

     "Scott's house?"

     "We kind of had a fight."

     "Lydia's house?" Honestly, I never thought I would see Malia say Lydia's name with a hint of hatred in her eyes. This is the only time I've seen her act calm when hearing Lydia's name.

     "She's in the hospital." Malia's eyes shoots up, and holds my hand.

     "I'm sorry." Silence, yet again, reappears until she speaks again, "Is— Lydia— she's okay right? She has to be okay." I can see that she's hurt and affect with this news too.

     "No. She's in a coma." Malia steps back a little, releasing her grip away from me, and she pulls her short hair back. A few seconds pass, and she finally speaks, but in a cracking voice, "Let's go."

     "To Lydia."

~~~~~|🌸|~~~~~
Author's Notes
Hey loves! I know, you guys probably hate me because I haven't updated in forever!!! Hahaha sorry! Just been having writer's block + not enough time to write. But I can promise you that in a few more chapters, it will be yet another big chapter. Be prepared.
Things you may need in upcoming chapters:
1.) A throw pillow: to throw at me
2.) Another pillow: to cry and scream
3.) Tissues: you already know what's gonna happen
4.) Hot chocolate/coffee/tea: just to be cozy and stay calm
5.) Sleeping Pills [not this book]: to have a decent sleep