The Girl in White

Chapter 32 | The Girl in White

"I don't know! I just came in her room because I heard a loud bang." My eyes widen and I search every part her body for a bullet. "Oh god no! Not like that! I just heard a loud crash." A huge wave of relief flows through me. "And then I saw Lydia laying on the ground." I could see Kira wanted to forget that moment.

I take Lydia's body from her mom and carry Lydia into my jeep as the others followed. I lay her on the seats behind the driver and passenger seats. I was going to seat next to Lydia, but her mom quickly approached her to take my seat. She lifts up Lydia's head to her lap she touches her face, hoping it's not the last time she will ever she her daughter alive. Kira goes to the passenger seat and I drive.

I drum the steering wheel every time the street lights go to red. The only thing I could think of is that if we keep wasting time waiting for this stupid light to go green, it's another time wasted to save her life.

"Fuck it!" I press the gas pedal as I see no cars approaching us.

"Stiles! Stop! We might crash!" Kira says fearing that this might be the last time she may see the world.

The memory of Allison's death flashes through my mind and I push the break hard, making everyone nearly fall off there seats.

"I'm sorry." I say looking to Kira. Then I repeat the words again to Ms. Martin, but with more sincerity at the thought that she might already think I'm the reason why she's in this entire situation. Everything is just my fucking fault and I have no idea how to fix it.

I drive again and within minutes we arrive to hospital. I rush to carry Lydia's lifeless body into an available doctor. Then, from the corner of my eye, I see Scott's mother. Melissa McCall. I call her and she instantly sees me carrying Lydia. She calls for a team of nurses to help get Lydia into the proper treatment to fix her again. I tell her everything that happened and what Kira saw. Luckily, Kira and Ms.Martin didn't hear a thing, or that would be another thing they have to worry about. Now matter how much I want to hug Lydia, I can't. She was broken before, but now I made her into tiny crushed bits, that can easily fly away with just one blow of the wind.

Her body is placed on the bed and they instantly roll it into a room. Everything felt like slow motion, and I only thought that could happen in movies. How is it that time is passing by quickly, but every movement I see is moving slowly?

I wait in the waiting room with Kira and Ms. Martin. Her mother drenched in tear stains, and Kira standing against the wall with her arms crossed. I sit spaces away from the both of them, with my hands covering my face. My hair becomes a wreak as I watch the clock pass by every number. I try to hold back the tears, but no matter how hard I try it just comes out like a cracked dam.

"Stiles." Kira says, slowly walking up and sitting next to me. "I've been thinking and I don't know what you guys were talking about, but I do know that it's not your fault. Because you were the best thing that ever happened to Lydia lately. And you wanna know something. Everyday she looks at your contact name, thinking whether or not to call you. Or text you. But I remember one day I said, 'Lydia. You know you can change his contact name right? It doesn't have to be the 3 emojis with the hearts as eyes. I just want to let you know that even if I made such an awesome name for him, you can still change it.' And you want to know what she said?"

"What?"

"She said, 'I can't. Because I actually think I like him.' " Kira smiles and my whole body overflows with happiness. At least for a moment, I could be happy.

"She said that?"

"Yeah. And her home screen is a picture of you guys in this haunted place or party or whatever."

I look to my phone and realized I changed the picture of us at Danny's party. I unlock my phone and quickly change it back to its previous picture. The one with Lydia and me making fun of the vampire and laughing. I smile and just from the picture, I could see the glimmer from her eyes. The joy. Then, the door opens and out comes Melissa.

She looks around before her eyes met mine. "Stiles. We need to talk."

~~~~~🍪~~~~~
Author's Note
Hey lovely people of the world!
MERRY CHRISTMAS (Eve)!!! Hope you guys like this! And hold up, it's time for another segment of questions!

1.) Why do you think Melissa called Stiles and not Ms. Martin (Lydia's mom)?

2.) Did you like Kira's conversation with Stiles?

3.) What do you think is gonna happen to Lydia?

Thank you guys sooo much for reading and supporting this book! Love ya!! And MERRY CHRISTMAS again!!