Jordan gave me a hug and said, "Hi!"

I asked, "What are you boys doing here? You told me that you weren't coming."

Jay said, "Dad convinced us to come."

I turned around and faced Philip.

He grabbed my waist and I put my arms around his shoulders.

I said, "You are doing great with your surprises", and then we kissed.

Jordan started to make gagging noises.

I said, "Jordan, you do that every single time that we kiss.

Our guests started arriving. Once everyone was seated Philip and I stood up.

Philip said, "Hi everyone! Welcome to the baby shower for Baby McGraw. We just want to thank you for coming on out and especially to the men who got dragged here. I know that baby showers aren't as fun for the guys as they are for the ladies, but we will have a great time today. The food is set up over there, so we will let Robin lead us and everyone can just follow us for the meal."

I grabbed Philip's hand and we walked over to the buffet station. Everyone got their food and sat down to enjoy the meal.

I was sitting with Philip, Jay, Jordan, my parents and his parents.

Philip's mom asked, "Robin, when are you going to stop wearing heels? It isn't really appropriate for someone who is pregnant to wear heels."

Everyone that was sitting there was shocked at what she just said.

I said, "I'm going to excuse myself real fast."

I got up and walked into the hallway of the venue. My sisters saw me there starting to cry.

My sister Cindi asked, "Robin, what is wrong?"

I said, "I can't take it anymore."

She asked, "Take what anymore?"

I said, "Philip's mom just insulted me and I'm done with it. This is supposed to be a time for the two families to celebrate a new little one and she just flat out told me that it wasn't appropriate for me to be wearing heels since I was pregnant."

She said, "Oh my goodness Robin. I'm so sorry!"

She came towards me for a hug and said to my oldest sister, Karin, "You need to get Phil."

Karin left and got him. He always made me feel comforted when I was upset.

My sister walked up to Philip and said, "Sorry to interrupt, but Phil, Robin needs you now."

Philip said, "I will be back in a minute."

Karin was talking to Philip as they approached me.

Karin said, "Robin is really upset. Cindi is with her now, but she was bawling her eyes out."

Philip tapped Cindi's shoulder and gave her the sign to step out of the way. He sat by me and put his arm around me and I laid my head on his shoulder.

Philip asked, "What is the matter baby?"

I know that he obviously knew what happened.

I said, "Your mom doesn't like me."

I started to cry some more, so Philip said, "Let's talk in the kitchen."

Cindi and Philip grabbed my hands and walked into the kitchen with me.

When we got in the kitchen I couldn't control my emotions.

Philip said, "I'm sorry for what my mother said. She can be on that doesn't realize what she said didn't sound rude."