Love is Abuse (Kyle x Cartman)

"Cartman, what the hell are you doing?"

Tending to be a common question, Kyle asked Cartman with a slightly irritated and angry voice and half-closed eyes.

Cartman was currently playing the Xbox, a game Kyle wasn't familiar with, in Kyle's house. He was moving his character back and forth in the same spot over and over again. Kyle had invited all 3 of his good friends to spend the Saturday afternoon at his house. His parents - being major pushovers, which he enjoyed - had left them the house while they went running errands.

"There's a glitch, Kahl. I've tried it before; if you center this person right, it'll transport you to another room or some shit."

Kyle walked up to his own couch that Cartman was sitting on as he played Kyle's own Xbox. "Well, if you're not gonna take the game seriously, I'd like to watch Terrance and Phillip." When he saw that Cartman made no effort to pay attention to him, he added, "Please, Cartman."

"No, Jew," he retaliated as he concentrated on the useless task of moving his character into the wall it seemed. "It's my game, I can play it if I want to," he groaned.

Growing angrier, Kyle said, "Yeah, well it's my fucking tv, fatass!"

Just then, Stan and Kenny entered the room from the back door, where they were outside talking or perhaps riding their bikes to the convenient store nearby. While Kenny brushed patches of dirt and snow off of his slightly covered face, Stan glanced at the tv and said, "Cartman, what the hell dude?"

Cartman was too focused to even pay attention to Stan. Instead, Kyle insisted, "Just let him be. He's being a dick."

"Hey!" Cartman exclaimed.

"Come on," Kyle said, looking at Stan and Kenny. "I'm going outside. Mind coming back out with me?"

"No, thanks," Stan rejected politely. "Me and Kenny are exhausted, we're gonna go eat."

And with that, Kyle shrugged and made his way to the backyard. As he stepped outside and closed the sliding glass door, he inhaled a deep breath of the crisp November air and closed his eyes. Kyle needed an escape from everyone, especially Cartman. Kyle's backyard was fenced, but just beyond the fence was a magnificent, deep forest that extended as far as the eye could see. Kyle began making his way to the gate and, as he did every once in a while, walked into the forest, though only through a few yards of it. The grounds were covered in thick, frosty snow that crunched under Kyle boots every time he took a step. He stopped in a barren area and closed his eyes, becoming relaxed.

Kyle enjoyed these moments - the crunching of the snow, the isolation and silence from everybody. He enjoyed this because he tended to feel stressed out more and more every day. Something was eating at him.

Just then, he heard the gate unlatch and creak open and the crunching of snow nearby. He shot his eyes open, swung around, and saw Cartman making his way to him. For some reason, he became nervous and began perspiring. "What does it take to be alone for once?" he remarked under his breath.

"What do you want, fatass?" he snapped.

"Woah," Cartman said, throwing his arms in the air as if to say, 'I'm innocent.' "Calm your shit, I was just coming to tell you that Stan said you should come inside. It's like fucking 20 degrees out here."

Since when did Cartman give two shits about me? thought Kyle. Then again, Stan was the one that told him to, not him. Kyle continued looking into the white, powdery, snowy forest just beyond him while Cartman stood a few feet behind Kyle.

"I know, just leave me alone. Jesus Christ."

"What the hell is your problem?"

Kyle knew exactly what had been eating at him these past few weeks, he just did not want to admit it to himself. It was a foreign concept to not only him, but to the boys...