Chapter Forty-One

Magsimula sa umpisa

I glanced at him. Nahuli ko siyang sumulyap din sa akin bago seryosong ibinalik ang mga mata sa harapan. Mukhang wala rin siyang balak na pakawalan ang kamay ko kaya pinilit kong buksana ng zipper ng bag gamit ang isang kamay lang. I took my time, but I managed to open it.

I pressed down on the home button. The screen lit up and flashed a notification from Rachel. I swiped the screen to open her message.

It's been so long, L! Club tayo tonight!

I can't help but smile. Ilang beses na akong inaaya ni Rachel nitong nakaraang buwan, pero ilang beses ko na rin siyang tinatanggihan. My time for the past month was divided into three: family, Silas, and academics. May trabaho naman si Rachel sa umaga kaya imposibleng mag hang out kami kahit sa ganoong paraan lang. I kinda miss her.

A heavy sigh snapped me out of my thoughts. It wasn't me. Obviously, it was Silas. Napatingin ako sa kanya at nakita siyang malalim na ang simangot. Sumulyap siya sa akin.

"Who texted you?" I can hear the jealousy in his voice. He brought his eyes back to the road.

"Si Rachel." I answered, hiding the amusement from my voice.

"Really?" he grumbled.

I laughed. "Oo nga. I blocked almost half of my contacts, remember?"

Nang mahakawan ni Silas ang phone ko ay nahuli ko siyang binabasa ang inbox ko. He read the past conversations that I had with guys. After being pissed, he was crestfallen. It made me guilty. I couldn't take back the times that I flirted with other guys. I couldn't have him, so I settled for something petty. I wanted to make it up to him, so I blocked all the guys in my inbox.

"Inaaya niya akong mag club. But I'm gonna say no." I continued when he didn't respond, and began typing a reply to Rachel with just one hand.

"You can go if you want to..." Silas mumbled.

My fingers stopped from moving. I snapped my head to him. He's still looking straight ahead. His face was serious all over but I can see a bit of hesitation in it.

"Why would I go?" I asked with a creased forehead.

"You like going to clubs. I don't want you to stop doing what you like just because you're with me." he calmly replied.

"I only go to clubs when I'm down and I've been down for the past four years." that made him look at me. I grinned at him. "I don't need the temporary happiness, Silas, I already have you."

The car slowly halted. He released his hold on my hand and put the car into full stop. I glanced in front and saw the red light. I brought my eyes to Silas and caught him still staring at me, looking dumbfounded.

He let out an exasperated sigh. "You're still damn good at it."

Tumawa na lang ako at umiling. The big smile never left my face. "What did you do today?"

Silas glanced in front. Naka-yellow na ang stoplight. He fumbled with the gear stick and accelerated when the green light flashed.

"Gym." tipid na sagot niya sabay abot sa kamay ko. He filled the spaces between my fingers. I felt a small pinch in my heart.

But then my mind backtracked to the word gym. I can't help but think how gym equates to girls. I know this first hand because I used to go to the gym with Orion. I've seen girls flirt with him, even with me around—probably because they know I couldn't care less.

Orion... Isang buwan na kaming hindi nag-uusap. I stopped going to our gym, trying to avoid from crossing paths with him. Kaya jogging at swimming na lang ang ginagawa ko.