Bye Everyone

Christian

To be at the award show and have people give us stares, and whispers was really annoying. They wanted to know about Ari, they wanna know if we knew shit. They think my dad knew and that he planned for those people to attack her.

It's crazy what people come up with. Like y'all really that thirsty to know what the fuck is up that you just start making assumptions?

Now people are starting to feel like they fuckin Nancy Drew or some shit connecting the dots to everything else that went on.

People are really goin oh she prolly got a concussion... maybe that's why she burned her arm.

If this girl had a concussion, you really think motherfuckers would let her perform? Mad dumb.

I sat there besides my dad waiting for her performance that no one knew about. I was kinda curious cause I knew how scared she was on the stage so I wonder where she'd be.

All the way to my right her whole family sat. They almost filled up a row to themselves. To my right like all the way down I seen Geo and Fizz. I wonder if Fizz is believing these rumors cause I could feel his eyes burning a hole on my face throughout the whole show. I don't know man maybe I'm getting paranoid with all these damn reports, trials, protests, rumors. Uh.

It was commercial break but I could see the stage crew setting things up on stage. The place went dark and people still talked like there was no tomorrow.

When the hell was Arielle performing. The lights went on and aimed at her. Spoke too soon.

People began screaming and reaching for her. She stood with a microphone right by her mouth. Extra security was there since the section for fans were starting to reach for her.

She stood there looking straight ahead. There was a guitar around her, her hair was in her face and her freckles were... noticeable. Until she took those pictures on Instagram I would have forgotten she had freckles.

She put her hand on the mic adjusting it with her hands shaking. She didn't have the arm sling around her. It was just a wrapped arm. The guitar was around her so I knew she was playing it. How? No idea, maybe she can move her fingers now.

I looked down seeing her wear shoes. No boot.

It was loud and all she did was stand there.

"Shh" she simply said and people were quiet. Damn that was beautiful.

The music started playing and I just stood up knowing exactly where this was going. Purple Rain.

When Prince died that was probably one of the songs that was always played for tributes that really got to people. I don't know why I couldn't relate to it, but I really couldn't. Maybe I just wasn't the emotional type.

She looked down at the guitar hesitant in playing it. Then she put her hand on the mic instead.

"I never meant to cause you any sorrow" she sung into the mic

Something different started happening to me. I don't know if it was cause she wasn't on stage. Her being do close to everyone made my stomach start getting in knots. I could hear every word she said and my heart started racing.

I was on my feet by now as she sang the chorus. My dad bobbed his head continuously straightening his suit.

"Beautiful" he said throughout the performance

She was singing the chorus again and I could feel my eyes build up with water.

"Honey I know I know I know times are changing" she screamed into the mic with her hand going into a fist