2nd Degree Burns

Fizz

I heard sirens pull up causing me to move the car a little. Then I seen through my rear view mirror mad people ganged up around this gurnee. I wonder who passed out. I chewed my gum in a good mood. Bout to get some pussy ,  Geo up in there gettin star struck by Kim dancing all up in his face. I knew that was holdin him up.

I was about to move my car further up cause these people near it were damn near about to scratch that shit. What the hell was goin' on?

My door suddenly open and Geo hopped inside. He slammed the door shut.

"What's goin on --"

"Drive" I looked in my rear view and seen Arielle's family. I sped off and looked at him as he was breathing in and out like he saw a ghost.

"What happ--"

"Arielle was burned"

I hit the breaks causing both our bodies to push foward.

"WHAT?" I asked in so much confusion

"She was singing and dancing when the flames sparked...*takes deep breath* and her arm got caught in the flames. She fell off the stage and I stopped it but she was still screaming and crying"

"Wait her arm" I said pointing to my forearm

He shook his head motioning his whole entire arm

My mouth dropped in shock.

"You stop it?" he nodded breathing in and out in disbelief.

"She was screaming, and crying. I didn't know what to do"

I gave him a hug not even able to imagine it. I seen people who suffered burns their whole skin was practically gone.

"I salute you for taking the fire out, no funny shit"

"She was screaming and crying... You shoulda heard it" he still seem struck by it

"Where are they takin her?"

He shook his head shrugging looking straight ahead.

"Just drop me off at home" he said

I nodded since he lived around the area. I dropped him off and didn't ask any further questions .  I would only imagine what was goin through his mind.

Once he left I stayed at the parking lot of his house contemplating whether or not I should go to the hospital or not. That's when my phone started exploding.

Arielle

"You sufferered from 2nd degree burns and a sprained ankle." I sighed laying on my hospital bed with my grandmama on one side holding my hand.

"You can leave tomorrow morning though. We sent prescriptions to cope with the pain to your pharmacy"

My grandmama nodded and I sat there. Medication. Pills? Pills. Pills.

I sat there in a state of daze.

"So my skin won't come back?" I asked

"It'll come back but with second degree burns, a layer of skin was taken out..."

"Permanently" I said looking down

My grandmama held my hand rubbing it to comfort me.

The doctor told us a few more things but I just didn't wanna hear it. The door closed and my grandmama looked at me.

"Look at my granddaughter" she said pulling my hair back.

A tear slipped from my eyes.

"Arielle why are you crying?" She asked playing with my hair.