22) The Gossip

Lena
-

I looked at my outfit in the mirror, something was missing. I bit my lip looking around the room until I spotted Daren's beanie. I grinned and pulled it over my head.

"Perfect." I smiled and grabbed my phone noticing some missed calls from my friends. I shrugged, I'll see them in a bit. I started making my way downstairs. "Hey Daren I'm heading out." I stopped in front of the couch where he was curled up watching Netflix.

"Please Stay?" He pouted looking up at me with puppy eyes.

I grinned, "oh you're good." I kissed his cheek and blushed a bit, still not used to it. "But I'm afraid I actually have to attend class to pass." I fake gasped. "Isn't it terrible?"

"Fine go, leave me here to die!" He said dramatically.

I snorted, "please, boredom isn't gonna be the thing that kills Daren Gray." I messed up his hair. "But if you leave this house, I might be." I grinned. "Goodbye!" I waved running outside to hopefully get to school before the warning bell.

-

When I got to school some people gave me weird looks but I was used to it. Instead, I looked down and noticed a message from Daren.

D: Don't think I didn't notice you were wearing my beanie 😉

Before I could reply, two frantic people ran over to me. "There you are!" Maya and Drew grabbed me.

"Woah, whats going on guys?" I asked confused.

"It's not good Lena." Maya frowned.

"Just Tell me!" I said.

"Isaac was not happy that you dumped him, so he..." drew trailed off.

"He what?" I groaned. "Guys just tell me!"

"He told the whole school you slept together and then cheated on him with his brother." Drew quickly mumbled.

"He what?!" I basically screeched.

"Hey! Get to class!" A hall monitor scolded us.

"We'll talk later!" Maya ran off to her class leaving me with Drew.

"Drew what am I going to do?" I groaned. "I can't have people thinking I did that. He's the cheater not me!"

"You're late." Our yearbook teacher said as we walked in.

"Sorry." We mumbled and sat down.

"New assignment." She said and handed me a slip that said I had to interview the football team.

"Can I get a different one?" I asked.

"No." She said and sat back in her chair typing away in her computer.

"Gee What a great day it's gonna be." I sighed burying my face in my arms.

"Don't worry, we'll find a way to make it through this." Drew placed a hand on my shoulder.

I looked up at him and smiled softly. "Thanks buddy, I don't know what I'd do without you."

He smiled. "Good thing you don't have to find out."

-

By the time lunch came I figured everyone would forget about this stupid rumor but unfortunately i was wrong.

"*cough* slut *cough*" some random guy walked by laughing with his friends.

"I don't even know you!" I rolled my eyes and grabbed some pizza from the lunch lady.

She gave me a weird look too.

"What?" I sighed.

"I did not say anything." She said.

"Not you too, Alba."

She gave me an apologetic look, "sorry, you know how rumors are."

I nodded and paid before walking off and slumping into my seat next to Camille. "Hey."

She looked just as upset as me. "Hey.."

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

She shook her head. "Kian dumped me."

"Oh cam, I'm so sorry." I wrapped my arms around her. "He doesn't deserve you."

"I don't blame him, I've been so busy with schoolwork I hadn't been able to visit him as much." She sighed.

"No don't say that. It's not your fault." I said softly. "He's an idiot and one day he'll realize it."

"Thanks Lena, and I heard about the rumor. I know it's not true." She smiled softly.

"Thanks." I squeezed her hand.

"Look Who we have here, if it isn't the cheater and the outcast." Isaac walked up to us with his arm around Krystal or Kristen, whatever her name was.

I growled. "You know it isn't true Isaac." I glared. "Stop spreading stupid rumors."

"Stop spreading your legs." He smirked.

"Oh that's it! I'm gonna kill you!" I jumped at him.

He squealed pushing Kristen infront of him.

"Oh no you don't." Maya jumped between us and held me back. "You don't need to be suspended."

Isaac laughed. "Oh look you've got your bitches holding you back." He tried to regain his masculinity.

Kristen scoffed looking down.

"I'd leave if I were you." Cam warned him. "I'm not in the mood."

He looked slightly terrified but scoffed. "Whatever, I'm out of here." He took his girl and left.

"Lena what's gotten into you?" Drew asked finally walking up to us.

"I'm sick and tired of the way everyone is looking at me and Isaac, god I just want to punch him in the face." I crossed my arms and sat back in my seat.

"Look, I think we should just wait it out. I'm sure things will go back to normal soon. The weekend is coming up and someone is bound to do something stupid at a party and they'll forget about you." Drew said.

I frowned, "I guess you're right." I pulled out my phone to check on Daren when I saw his text messages.

D: hello? Are you there?

D: cupcake I heard what happened, are you okay? I'm gonna kill him.

D: Lena, answer me.

D: I'm getting worried

D: that's it, I'm on my way

-
-

A/N: haha remember when I said I'd write more? That was a lie. It's been months. So I won't promise anything this time because honestly no one is reading. And I might go on another Hiatus but whatever. Anyways here's an update :).