🖤 Chapter 35 🖤

The Final Chapter

This is it, guys and gals. The last chapter before we part ways (not really).

____________________________________

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

James races in my direction. The only thing standing between the two of us is one of the sofas (a two-seater), so I run around it, avoiding him.

"You can't run from me, Erica," he says. "There's nowhere to go." He runs back to where he started, cutting me off, and I whirl around to run away. We continue this until he gets fed up and finally jumps over the sofa between us. I swing the frying pan and hit him in the face. He stumbles back and holds his jaw. When he removes his hand, I see a black and blue mark where I hit him, and he glowers at me, flames rising in the iris of each of his eyes.

I hold my weapon out, threatening to hit him again, but he ignores it and lunges forward. He pins me down to the sofa I was lying in earlier, and the frying pan falls on it, next to me. "I told you...there's nowhere to go." I could feel the warmth of his breath on my face and I almost submit to him, but then I remember, He's trying to kill me!

I try to fight him off, but I'm not getting anywhere.

"You can't fight me, Erica darling. You'll only lose," he says with a naughty voice before laughing maniacally.

"Get off of me, you psychopath!" I shout at him.

He presses my arms down into the sofa even harder, causing pain to erupt in my shoulders. I scream and tears begin to roll down as I cry. "Aww, are you sad?" he asks in mockery. "Well, you should be. Everyone's sad when they're about to die." He pushes my arms down some more and both my shoulders slip out, causing me to gasp then scream, again.

Weight is lifted off of me when Derek appears and throws himself at James. They both land on the wooden floor. Derek is still bleeding from the stab wounds in his stomach, and his face was extremely pale. I could tell he has lost a lot of blood and is dying as each second ticks by, but he still has enough energy. He punches James' face numerous times and then bashes his head into the floor, knocking him out. He slowly gets up and stumbles over to as yours truly.

"Are...are you...okay?" he asks.

"My shoulders - I can't move my arms because they're out of their sockets," I tell him in a fatigued voice, and he helps pop them back in place. I wince as he does it. When he's finished he sways and almost falls into the chair, but I catch him in time as I stand up. Pain shoots across my upper back from right shoulder. I ignore the aches and try my best to keep us upright. "We need to get you to a hospital. Come on, let's go." I throw his left arm over my shoulder and we begin walking to the door.