🖤 Chapter 22 🖤 [M]

● WARNING ●
This chapter contains sexual content.
If you are not a fan of such content, you can skip to the next chapter.
OR
You can still read it but at your own risk.
Enjoy!
____________________________________

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

As I stand at the Pools table, plotting the death of my husband with the servants, something on the television grabs my attention. It seems to be the local news since the headline is about the death (or more like murder) of the Mayor of Redshift.

Cedric follows my line of sight and sees what I'm looking at. I push my way through to the front of the crowd that had gathered to take in the news, and Cedric does the same and stands to my right. A female reporter appears on the screen and starts to speak.

"Early this morning, Mayor Alfred Augustine and his wife, Diana Augustine, were found dead and was indeed a shock to the entire county of Redshift. The bodies were discovered by their son, who claims to have been on his usual morning visit."

"Well, would you look at that," Molisha comments from my left. "Something finally came back and bit him in the ass." A few chuckles are heard here and there in the gathering.

Pictures appear on the left-hand side of the screen showing the horrendous corpses of the couple, and to the right - a picture of James at his age now.

"James Augustine - business tycoon and son of the deceased Mayor - found his parents lying dead on the floor in the main entrance room of the house, both of their foreheads bashed in, and blood on the walls and the floor."

"The lying son-of-a-bitch," I mumble. He killed his own parents, and now he's pretending like he didn't have anything to do with it!

A video clip of the interview with James starts to play. His face holds a dejected look, but I know he's faking this emotion. After all, he is the one that murdered them (and enjoyed doing it), not discovered them.

"I was coming through the gate this morning and I realized the door was wide open. I thought that maybe they were out in the garden to the side of the house, but when I looked around I didn't see them. That's when I thought that burglars were inside, probably holding them hostage, so I hurried to their rescue; but as soon as I ran through the front door, I saw their lifeless bodies, face-down on the floor." A tear begins to roll down his cheek and he sniffles, wiping it away.

Well-played, James.

I look at Cedric out the corner of my eye and see that he looks a bit sorrowful. "You're not changing your mind, are you?"