🖤 Chapter 11 🖤

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

My eyes spring open after I had the most terrifying dream ever! I had dreamt that a maid named Pauline found me attempting my escape by the front door. But...what the hell happened? How did I end up back in the bedroom?

Then it hit me. It wasn't a dream.

My eyes grow wide as memories of Pauline's death play over and over in my mind - her head being blown off, her brain matter scattered all over and her headless body lying on the floor. Then my husband's sudden appearance and the smirk on his face makes me think I am next in line for a bullet to the head.

But that didn't happen at all. Instead, I had the best, most extreme, and hottest bedroom rant ever with him. He was touching me all over, kissing me passionately, and had me in positions I never ever thought about testing before, you know...since I've never done it.

I start to feel shy. Why am I feeling like this? There's no one around to see me. Could it be that I'm...falling for James?

My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of James entering the room. "Oh, you're awake. Good," James says, coming out of the bathroom. A blue towel is wrapped around his wet skin, and he uses a white one to dry his hair.

"Come on." He approaches the bed and stretches out one of his hands. "Bathe and get dressed. I have a special surprise for you." He urges me towards the bathroom and slaps my butt after letting go of my shoulders. I am still in my sleepy state, and then I realize that I'm still naked from last night. But, he's my husband; so what?

After a cold shower, I step out of the bathroom, wrapped in a purple towel. Just like James, I used a white towel as well to dry my hair. Entering the bedroom, I pause for a moment, noticing a red dress, a pair of gold hook-earrings with ruby jewels embedded in them, gold bangles complete with more ruby gems around its circumference, and a necklace with a big heart-shaped ruby, all of which are laid out on the bed for me. However, James is nowhere in the room.

Finishing off drying my hair, I slip into the dress and stand in front of the mirror. It reaches all the way to my ankles, has long nylon sleeves with a red hue, and lace around the shoulder and cleavage areas. There is also a slit running from my mid-thigh down the right side of it.

I wonder what such a beautiful dress is for. Or better yet, I wonder what surprise James has for me!

"Now for my hair," I say, tugging on the damp, brownish-black locks that paste themselves to my face. Grabbing another towel from the bathroom, I rub my hair, vigorously, until it feels dry enough. Then, I take a comb and run it through my soft hair, which I try to style afterwards.

Crochet? No.

Bun? No.

Ponytail? Definitely not!

I loosen the hair and decide to let it hang, sighing as I am unable to find a suitable hairstyle.

The bedroom door opens, and James walks in as I turn around. "You're ready. Great timing." He is clothed in a red suit and pants, a white shirt, and white shoes. He looks amazing!

"No, I'm not," I scoff at him. "Do you see my hair?"

"Well, yes, I do. But I see nothing wrong with wearing your hair down." He smiles while walking over, then stands next to me. "You look absolutely stunning."

I blush and try to hide it, but he turns me around so that we face each other, giving me a quick kiss on the lips.

"Are you ready?" He asks.

"Ready for what?" I frown, not knowing what I'm supposed to be ready for.

"Well, it's a surprise. Are you ready to be surprised?"

By you? Not exactly. "Yes, I am." I give a half-hearted smile.

"Great! Let's go, then." He takes my hand and leads me out of the bedroom.

My heart begins to race as James escorts me down the hall and down the stairs and into the main entrance. Pauline's body no longer occupies the area in front of the door, and all the blood that redecorated the walls and the floor is gone.

"Wait here," he instructs, leaving me at the bottom of the stairs, and heading into the closet to the right of it. He comes out after a few seconds with an umbrella.

"What's this for?" I ask, confused. But then I put the pieces together. The bath, the dress, the jewellery - this was preparation for--

"For when you go outside, of course!"

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

If you enjoyed this chapter, please leave a vote.

☆ MARDAIS ☆