The Price Of True Love

"Love is irrelevant to people like us, a privilege that we do not share. You told me that. I'll remember it all--every word, every moment--for the rest of my life. I love you. But I won't let other people die for me." - Queen Mary

Toby was sitting on his flight to Toronto. He guessed everyone in the plane would think he was crazy, because he couldn't help not to smile along the way. He was in high spirit, motivated. All because he will see the love of his life in Toronto.

He texted her a few times, days before his flight departure, but he did not get any reply from Addy. Not a single reply. He felt a bit concerned. Probably her phone broken...

His flight was delayed for two hours. And the journey was almost 7 hours. It did not dampen his feelings, and every time he wanted to close his eyes, her images came replaying in his mind. He felt anxious, excited and all sorts if plans came to his mind. For us. I miss her. I miss her so much.

.... There's no any passing day that I didn't miss her...

"Excuse me. Mr, do you want any refreshment or drinks?" A steward's voice interrupted his nap.

"No, thanks." Toby replied. He didn't feel hungry or even thirsty, the only thing he needed was her sweet smile. Millions of things running within his brain, but he was only thinking of his sweetheart... True love can not pretend. And though we're apart, never grows less in my heart. He already memorized it many times.

“Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough I don’t know why.” 

~~~~~~~~❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ~~~~~~~~~~~

Toby arrived at Toronto past 6 pm that day and he quickly went back to his trailer

Toby arrived at Toronto past 6 pm that day and he quickly went back to his trailer. He got a scene with Anna and other casts tomorrow morning.

He did not call Addy because he wanted to surprise her. He brought presents for her. I hope she will like them. He felt like an idiot, smiling all the way in the taxi. His heart was beating faster than usual. He wanted to see her smile, more than anything at the moment.

When he arrived at the studio area, he saw Addy was talking to Caitlin from afar. Probably they just finished their last scene that evening. Both were heading to the nearby cafe. He did not follow them, and he walked toward her trailer, waiting for her patiently. He couldn't help pacing back and forth anxiously. He was trying his best to calm down.

It was nearly 30 minutes when he saw Addy coming towards him. She was looking surprised with a serious look, and not in her usual cheerful mood. He smiled to her affectionately. But she did not smile in response as usual. He was wondering, is there anything wrong?

"Oh... You're back. How was your trip to London?" Addy asked sternly. She was still not smiling. She looked into his eyes, impatiently waiting for answers. Part of her was still with anger and hatred, but also missed him.

"London is great, I had a great time together with my little brother. But -"

"I miss you" Toby said softly. "That's why I come straight to see you"

His words melted her stubborn heart but she was still angry with him. She needed explanation for the woman within his arm when he was in London. She felt cheated. But she couldn't form the questions. We're just friends, not lovers.

She didn't respond and looked into his blue ocean eyes, which she missed very much for the past two weeks. She felt a sting in her own eyes, tears welled up so quickly that she immediately averted her gaze.

"I'm glad you come back." Addy said, she just staring into the darkness behind him.

"Are you okay Addy? Is there anything wrong?" Toby was concerned. He sensed Addy was depressed, by her tone, and her facial expression. She was not good in hiding her emotions.

"Nothing wrong. I'm tired. And I need to rest" Addy made an excuse and quickly opened up her trailer's door and about to enter, Toby called her and grabbed her wrist which made Addy turn and faced him. She was afraid she will cry in front of him. She couldn't hold on her mixed emotions anymore.

"Addy, I've got something for you from London, and my mom give you a token. She is sending you her warmest regards" Toby said. He gave her a medium size pink bag with two gifts inside. Addy looked at it without lifting her face. She said with a shaken voice, "Thanks".

Toby lifted her chin gently and surprised to see tears welled up in her eyes, was about to fall. She bit her lower lip, trying very hard not to let the tears escaped her eyes. What really happened to you? To both of us?

"Oh Addy, whatever it is, I want you to know... I miss you so much" Toby said, without asking her explanation. Her face already told him how much she was hurt inside. He immediately pulled her closer and hugged her, to Addy surprised, for a few seconds (which Toby felt was such a relief). She dropped the pink bag, not knowing how to respond but her warm tears felt falling very fast when he hugged her tighter. Her knees felt weakening and she almost felt she was going to sob over his chest. She was trembling with her escalating emotions inside her. Her anger slowly defeated through her tears.

Toby released her slowly, and gently cupped her face with his hands. His eyes was as well welled up with tears. They remained in silent, looking at each others eyes, trying to figure out the problem between them. He wiped Addy's cheeks, wet by her tears. His tenderness made her shed more tears.

"I don't know what is going on, Addy. But I am sorry if I hurt you" Toby said softly, his voice shaken. Addy remained quiet, her tears spoke for her. If I can tell you how much I love you Addy...

"We will talk later, okay? Addy, I want you to know...I do care for you. I miss you. Always... " Toby kissed her forehead gently and Addy felt more tears coming out. She still remained silent but her heart was screaming.... Oh Toby,  I planned to tell you all the bad things why I am mad at you… But in the end, I just want to tell you: I missed you! I miss you so much and it's torturing me.

They separated that evening with so many questions in their hearts and tears in their eyes, with so many unspoken words and inexpressible inner feelings. They did not realize Caitlin was watching them from afar.

"The course of true love never did run smooth." - William Shakespeare

To be continued....