I Am Yours, Truly

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein.

A few days later, in Toby's diary:

I couldn't believe myself... I really get a cat. And the cat slept in my trailer like a king, commanded me to feed him.  The worst part I have to make sure to clean the cat litter. Plus he demanded to be caressed and wanted to snuggle in my bed.... But I couldn't help not to love him. His purring does help to ease the pain inside my heart. He will rubbed his legs against mine whenever I reached my trailer. It seems like we need each other. Thanks to Addy who helped and supported me. To get a cat after a break up wasn't a bad decision at all. I called him Teddy. I will love him as I always ❤️ Addy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days before:

Addy had a great time on last Saturday's nite with her friends. She even went for window shopping with Toby around mall. Then they visited a pet shop where they met a 7-month stripy British short-haired tabby. It was quite a surprise, the cat get close to him, stared at him and suddenly showed his belly. The cat chose him. Toby get closed to him, stroke his head and he purred happily.

Toby has to wait to pick him up the next day after his vaccination completed. She realized Toby was looking nervous in the first place. He was afraid the cat might hurt him as his mom's cat never like him. But this  cat naturally love him in the first encounter as seem they have met before in other life. He decided to adopt the tabby. He even bought a guide book and some accessories for taking care of the cat. He was very determined.

Addy was then given a surprise party at Pizzeria Lobretto where she met her best friend - Alyssa, Torr, Caitlin and Anna. They brought her a delicious strawberry cakes and a present - a white coloured Gucci marmont mini shoulder bag from the all the casts and crews. Toby was enjoying himself that evening. He almost forgot he was still broken hearted. To see Addy's happiness from afar already healing his wound slowly.

He did not have the chance to give her his gifts...he wanted to give it personally. I must wait for the right time.

Caitlin and Anna gave her the coveted Victoria Beckham Estée Lauder Makeup Collection in a limited edition box with a lighted mirror. It's essentially an entire vanity-makeup, lights, mirror and all. Torr and Alyssa gave her pink sparkling strand bracelet from Pandora. She loved them very much.

Toby drove back to their trailers after the dinner. Together with Caitlin and Anna. These girls kept on talking, giggling and gossiping along the way without thinking what was running in Toby's mind. He was driving quietly and did not interrupted their conversation. Just smiled occasionally. It helped him to forget his ex-girlfriend.

Before he parted with Addy to their separated trailers - "Don't forget to pick up your cat. He needs you, a new place. Toby, I promise, he will love you, " Addy reminded him.

"I won't forget." Toby was smilling.

"Addy, I have a present for you too - in my trailer. Come. I show you." Toby added and pulled her hand. "I want you to close your eyes,"

"Toby! What this is all about? Why I have to close my eyes?" Addy asked.

"Just closed your eyes and wait here" Toby said when they reached his trailer. He opened the door and a few seconds later he came out with a few shopping bags.

"I hope this is your new joke, Toby. " Addy said loudly. She tried to close her eyes but couldn't help not to peek into Toby's trailer.

" You don't have to scream, Addy. Now open your eyes. " Toby handed the shopping bags to Addy.

"Happy birthday" and he quickly gave a peck of kiss at her temple.

Addy was startled by his spontaneity and gifts. She saw Toby smiling sweetly with his blue eyes sparkled under the porch light nearby.

"Toby? Your g-"

"Please don't say anything. I hope you like it. My small tokens." Toby added.

Addy was speechless. She thanked him, smiled and they parted. As she walked to her trailer, she felt tears of joy rolling in her cheek. This is the best day of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ranma was staring at her when she was unable to sleep that night. She called her cat, who obeyed her master and cuddled next to her in the bed. She gave her a kiss on her head. Ranma purred happily.

That gifts and kiss... Made her smile. I couldn't believe till now. And there was a small birthday card from Toby wishing her well. It was simple but sweet.

Dear Addy,

I'm glad you're happy on your birthday. As well as me too. I'm wishing you the best in your life. Thank you for changing me to be a better person. And thank you for helping me heal from a broken heart. I love the cat!
Happy birthday to the world's brightest, prettiest, funniest and smartest girl. That's you, sweetheart, today and forever.

❤️ Toby.

She looked at it over and over again, smiling, till she was elsewhere in her dreams. The card fell on her chest, close to her heart. I am yours, truly.

To be continued

To be continued....

*I will come back after a break *