Meeting his family

Start from the beginning

"Yeah it was great there".

"Yeah not really", Cameron laughed trying to play it off

"Wow, do you have a younger brother by any chance?".

"Yeah his name's Dakota".

"Oh I knew it, see I told you it was gonna be his sister", she smiled hitting her daughter playfully.

"Did you play any sports or participate in any extracurricular activities?"

"Mom this isn't 21 questions", Cameron laughed trying to get his mom from talking less.

"I just want to get to know her a little better", she said calling him down.

"Yeah I was the captain of the softball team".

"Wow", Gina and Sierra said in unison.

"Were you and my brother friends last year?", Sierra asked.

"We were very good friends". Cameron smirked looking at me.

"Are you playing softball at UCLA?", Brent asked.

"Yeah. It's gonna be so much more different then high school softball".

"Yeah making the switch from high school to college was hard for me. How are you holding up?", Sierra asked.

"It was hard at first but I'm starting to get used to the change and all".

"So are you two dating?", Gina asked as Cameron choked on his water.

I looked over at a choking Cameron as he signaled at me to ignore the question. I didn't want to be rude and ignore the question so I gave her the honest truth.

"Nope, we're just good friends", I smiled.

"That's too bad, Cameron needs a girl like you in his life".

"Mom-".

"What? I'm just saying Cam".

I laughed at the fact that he was embarrassed. The rest of the dinner went great. It was less awkward then I expected it to be but it was great.

When we finished eating Cameron and I went up to his room to talk.

"So how did you like meeting my family?", he blushed.

"They're really nice and funny people. Especially your mom", I laughed.

"Yeah yeah she can be a little crazy".

"But it was still great".

He looked down at the ground for a second before he picked his head back up.

"Kat I need to tell you something and it's been on my mind for a long time", he said very nervously. I could see his Adam's apple move up and down.

I couldn't help but feel nervous about what he was gonna say.

"We've been through so much and I'm really happy with you. I never thought that I could ever feel the feelings I feel when I'm with you . I love you Kat", he said looking into my eyes.