Chapter 25

I only had three more days left until my stalker would reveal him or herself.

       Reece: "I'll be there in an hour. My grandma owns a fancy restaurant downtown, so you don't have to pay for dinner."

I rolled my eyes. Reece had called me, well he had call my sister. I broke my phone a while back so now the only form of communication with the outside world was Lauren's phone.

Tess: "I never thought of you as a comedian," I laughed.

       Reece: "Take a picture of what you're going to wear and send it to me."

        Tess: "Why on earth would I do that?" I laughed again.

     Reece: "To keep me entertained. I'm quite bored right now."

Tess: "Find other methods to entertain yourself," I scoffed.

Reece: "Just a picture?" He begged with me. I rolled my eyes before hanging up. Derrick laughed when I sat the phone down on the coffee table.

            "I hung up first," I crossed my legs.

          Derrick held his stomach while laughing at what I said. "It's so good to see you smiling and laughing again," he said when he finally cooled down.

             "I'm just using him."

Derrick's eyes widened. "What?"

I couldn't discuss any information with him for the sake of me protecting his and my life so I just jumped up the couch.

"I have a date to get ready for."

"Yes!" Derrick murmured. "It's about time you leave this house."

I was ready in less than ten minutes. My casual date night outfit contained of an oversized black shirt with a huge cracked skull decorated right in the center. The shirt hung down to the upper part of my thighs, covering up a small part if my jeans.
   I wore long back denim jeans, which fit in with my black flats. Originally I wanted to wear sneakers, but I decided to keep it classy.

      Derrick bumped into me as I exited my room.

        "Oh no, no, darling," he shook his head at me slowly.

     I spun around for him. "I personally love this outfit."

            Derrick's eyebrows remained stuck all the way up on his forehead. "Oh." He looked away from me as he scratched the back of his head. "You're not joking." His eyes went from me and then my out, then back to me again.

        "Critique this outfit." I struck many different poses. "From one to ten, ten being the best."

         "Are negatives allowed?" He said in a serious tone.

    I laughed but deep inside I was hurt. "What?!" I lightly punched his shoulder.

"You look like you're going to a funeral," he said with a blank expression. "I've seen my old dog, Ruff, wear better date clothes and he was covered in fleas!"