Chapter 26

All I ask is if you can please watch the video fully before reading. If you don't watch it, you'll be confused later. I'll explain, but you won't understand it much without watching the video

(Song is Amber Run- I Found)

----------------------

       Reece pulled up a seat for me, something he wasn't obliged to do, but did anyways out of generosity.

          "Ask away." He rested his elbows on the table, holding his chin up with the back of his hands. "What would you like to know?"

            "How well did you know my mother?"

     He looked at me and then laugh. Then all of a sudden his face got serious. "I knew her well enough to know that she was never raped." At that moment I wondered how far into my history he knew about.

           My jaw dropped. "What?"

      "Your mother wasn't what you would call an innocent woman. From the outside, you would assume that, but she lived a double life. In the day, she was a respectable attorney, but when night fell, she was a rather promiscuous woman. Every night she would wake up in a different house. Her pattern continued until someone found out about her secret and used it against her."

       I gulped.

            "The man, her boss, but she didn't know, antagonized her until she realized his identity. He asked for one thing and one thing only from her."

          "What was it?" I interrupted.

         "A baby." He waited for me to react before he continued. "It was because she wanted him to leave her alone that she went with it. He controlled her up until she was rushed to the hospital to deliver her baby. After delivering she fell in love, at least that's what I heard. She said the feeling of holding a part of her was the second best thing on this earth. Not long afterwards, her boss gave her an ultimatum when he contacted her. It was either the baby, you, or her life."

      "She chose her baby." My heart sunk to the floor.

     "He had given her specific directions where to put the baby, and she followed through with it. When he arrived to pick up the baby, however, it wasn't there."

       "You know who her boss is don't you?" There was no other way he would know so much information.

       His half smile was murderous. "He's my uncle."

         A waitress came to our table as if she knew where the direction of our conversation was heading.
"Bonjour." The girl had ebony skin and an Afro. Her beauty had me frozen. She had a cute nose ring, and a beauty mark on the upper part of her cheek which in my opinion made her beauty even more striking. Her body was very voluptuous, I couldn't help but be slight jealous. Also her accent had my knees weak. I wanted to be her.

        Reece and the girl had a conversation that contained of only French. The only thing I understood was hello.

           He's so hot when he speaks French, I looked away when I thought that. I couldn't believe myself. As much as I hated it though, I could feel anger and aggression towards that girl. For some odd reason, I hated her, and I hated the way Reece smiled when he looked at her. He was only supposed to laugh and smile at me like that.
     What was this strange feeling that was digging me underground? My legs got closer together when Reece's accent got thicker. I really liked the way his personality changed when he spoke French.