Character Design

WARNING: SWEARING!!!!

    This is a MAJOR problem I see ALL over Wattpad. Instead of making their characters unique, THEY MAKE THEM THE MOST PREDICTABLE MARY SUE'S IMAGINABLE!!!! PUT SOME FUCKING EFFORT INTO YOUR CHARACTER FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!! IT'S NOT THAT HARD!!!! SIT YOUR ASS DOWN, OPEN UP A GOOGLE DOC AND PLAN YOUR CHARACTER OUT!!!! IT'S SO EASY TO DO YOU SHITHEADS!!!! NOW LISTEN 'CAUSE I'M ABOUT TO BANG KNOWLEDGE INTO ALL YOUR THICK FUCKING SCULLS!!!! DON'T MAKE YOUR CHARACTERS MARY SUES!!!! 

    How do you do that? Well, it's simple. You need to make your characters as un-cliche as possible. That means no predictable traits that every other story and movie character has. Take my OC Nymira as an example. She's a level-headed demigod who has never known what true happiness and is always fighting to survive. That is until she met someone who was willing to show her that the whole world isn't only filled with monsters and demons and surviving and living for today. Nymira's personality is kind yet cautious, intelligence is practically dripping off her in buckets, she's one of the smartest of her kind but she doesn't show it off knowing she'd become a huge target if she did. If you're curious, no you may not use my OC in anything you decide to write. She is my OC, I created her and I say whether or not someone other than me uses her. If I find her in anyone's stories WITHOUT my consent, I will report you for copyright.

    Another issue I see people struggle with character design is people seem to think it's acceptable to base their character's appearance on real-life people. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people use pictures of REAL people that exist as a supposed 'unique' character. It isn't unique if you're basing your character's looks off someone else! That's called copyright and identity theft, not originality! One way to solve this issues is to have someone draw your character out for you based on the features you imagine in your head. Say I wanted a red-headed male with blue eyes, an undercut and naturally tanned skin. I'd ask my friend (I will not say his actual name due to personal reasons) Seishinbyō-chan to draw it out for me and see what he comes up with. If you don't have a friend that's good at drawing, then I suggest character generator by Autodesk. It's not the most realistic thing in the world, but it does the job at least giving you an actual visual on what your character will look like in real life. Unfortunately, the only way to use it is if you have an account for Autodesk and it costs around $100 a month. The only reason I have one is that of an Architectural Engineering class I had last school year and I was given a permanent free trial because I was a student. It still works and it's a better alternative then stealing someone's picture from google images.

How to design a character

This is 46-year-old Steven VanBuren

This is 46-year-old Steven VanBuren. He was happily married and has 4 children. He works for the marines and is the worlds deadliest assassin. His wife was tragically murdered and his children were caught in the firefight. Luckily, his children survived but barely and his youngest son is fighting for his life. The rest is up to you

How to NOT design a character (Yes I included the google image stuff on purpose)

Insert every other female character created by authors on Wattpad and/or Quotev ever

Edit: 11/20/17 Just doing maintenance.