Chapters

Now that we've gotten most of my ranting out of the way, let's talk about something that I find kind of a no-brainer. I don't think this is going to have me yelling and cursing in it, but we'll see. Chapters in a book are sections that help escalate the adventure and events taking place, as well as give a time lapse from the last chapter at times. Chapters should at least be 3 pages long with a maximum of how many pages you want above 3. A chapter should NOT only be a paragraph long and should contain information that'll have the reader excited for the next one. Chapters should include several paragraphs. At least two or three on each page. I will get into how to write paragraphs at a later date. Right now I'm just getting into to basics of chapters. If you so chose to have dialogue in a chapter, make sure that the character speaking warns the audience watching via thoughts or the author telling the audience. I will give an example of how to do this, in the end, to make this less confusing.

    Now on to the ranting part. (I didn't think I'd be ranting either. Trust me.) I honestly don't understand why some people on Wattpad decide its a good idea to have a chapter last only ONE paragraph! Not only is it lazy, IT GIVES NO INDICATION OF WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT!!!!!!! IT'S JUST A TINY BIT OF EXPOSITION!!!!! SERIOUSLY, GET YOUR DAMN ACT TOGETHER AND PUT MORE TIME INTO WRITING CHAPTERS FOR YOUR BOOK!!!! JESUS!!!! Why I need to point this out just proves how LAZY people are I mean, REALLY?! 

How to write a chapter. DO NOT COPY THIS EXAMPLE!!!! THIS IS AN EXCERPT FROM A BOOK I AM CURRENTLY WRITING!!!!

My life has been nothing but an endless trial of quests and expectations. I was never able to be or live normally and who I was, more correctly WHAT I was, only made things worse for me in the long run. I was expected to be a nameless, selfless, hero that saves mortals and the world without a second thought or questions about why I was doing it. Of course, growing up to the concept made certain things easy not to question, such as why I was dedicating my time to keeping mortals safe and ignorant. The answer had always been clear to me back then. But that all changed when I was transported to a different dimension that was way different than my home in New York City.

The dimension was full of magic and wonder, but also terror and darkness. Something I was rather familiar with in my own world. But there were creatures most mythologies, such as Norse and Chinese, had described as legend roaming around the land. The dimension was called Alagaesia and there it felt like living in a fairy tale. A Grimm Brothers fairy tale full of death and misery. Not that Disney crap with beautiful princesses and happily ever afters. There are Elves and Dwarfs and Dragons there and wonderful magic that only Elves and a select race called Dragon Riders have. Gorgeous landscapes and mountains decorated all of Alagaesia along with gorgeous and seemingly indestructible cities among every shoreline with sentries guarding each corner and small farming villages that occupied the mountains and hillsides of the land.

It seemed like a place anyone would want to stay and live for all time. But one thing or I should say, person, haunted Alagaesia with their evil and wicked agenda. This one person had turned the once peaceful and harmonious Alagaesia into a hellish and miserable land full of pain and death. This persons name was King Galbatorix. He was of the old Dragon Rider race and had become evil and cruel for the sake of revenge.

Even though he had killed every dragon in Alagaesia and their riders, one thing happened that he never expected. An egg survived his tyrannical race to power and was now awaiting its rider. The race he had betrayed, the race of which he had eliminated to obtain his power, the race he had been once been apart of, will be the race that will kill him in the end. Karma. It sure is a bitch, ain't it?

I guess I should start from the beginning. When I never met Eragon and when I didn't have so much blood on my hands. When I wasn't a hero to two worlds and wasn't worshiped for my magic and parentage. When all the magical abilities I had came from water and not from within me. When responsibility only meant graduating high school and making something of your self instead of sacrificing both yourself and others for the fate of the world around you. When I was semi-normal. Before I was taken to Alagaesia.

My name is Nymira Novascotia, daughter of Poseidon, a hero of Olympus, a hero of Alagaesia, wife of Eragon Shadeslayer, and this is my story.

(Yes I am a giant nerd)

How to not write a chapter (Yes you can use this one if you want)

    Life was so easy for Charles. All he did was help around the house and do his homework, like a good kid. But that all changed A tornado ripped through his house and killed his whole family.

Edit: 11/20/17 Just doing maintenance.