Chapter 13

"Wes, you're alive!" I say as I hug him and he just looks at me with confusion.  " What happened Mari, did you have a nightmare" , he asked and I just nodded into the hug as he started to hug me back. "Can you stay with me",  I asked and this time he just nodded as he got in bed with me. My chest started to feel as if there was a knot in it as I reached for my phone. 'No messages' , the knot came loose and I was able to breathe again. This was all a dream, I turned and looked at Wes while he slept. I love him so much.

~Next Day~

I woke up to a text from Boze saying that we leave for  Smosh Winter Games next week and the stuff I needed to pack. I was excited to film this time knowing I didn't have to leave early or have to bring Him  with us. I turn and see that Wes is still sleeping. I decide to surprise him with breakfast.I go downstairs and make him chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, eggs with some orange juice. I drizzle everything in syrup knowing he enjoys that. I set the table as I felt two arms wrap around my waist and hot breath by my ear.

I tensed up until I turned around and realized it was Wes. "Morning babe" I said, "Hey, you made breakfast?" he asked as I nodded. He sat down as I put his plate in front of him. "Chocolate chip pancakes!!!! oh my god and you put it all in syrup" he said and I just smiled and hugged him. "I love you Wes" I said and kissed his cheek. He turned and said " I love you more Mari" and he kissed my lips. Our lips moved in sync for 2 seconds until we parted and he ate his food. "You're not gonna eat babe?" he asked me but I just shook my head no.

"Winter games start in a week so I was thinking we could pass by my place and get my stuff" I asked him and he nodded. "Cool" I replied part of me not wanting to ever go back there but part of me knowing I would have to.  I haven't been back there.

I've been wearing Wes' clothes for pjs and changing back into the same outfit for work. Wes finishes  his plate and washes the dishes while I went to get ready. I put on my clothes (photo above but without the headphones), did no makeup, and left my hair loose. I go downstairs and notice that Wes was already dressed. "What time do we have to be at the office today" I asked, "We can go in at anytime we aren't really shooting anything major for us, so I was thinking we could swing by you're old house and grab your stuff, then we can go to the office to film a lunchtime video" he explained. "Sounds good lets go" I said as we made our way towards the door. After A few minutes we reached my house and I started to nervous. We entered and I made my way towards the bedroom. I go up to the mirror and remembered something.

~Flashback~

It was only midnight and I turn to see Tom lying down shirtless. I get up and look in the mirror. I take off my shirt and look at my marks. A bruise by my ribs, along with a scar of a gash.

I look at my back to find more marks. My arms are covered by bruises and cuts. Most of my face is now black and blue or about to be. What has my life come to be, I decide to put my shirt back on and go back to bed. This is what my life has become. Getting back into bed with a man who no longer loves me.

~End of Flashback~

I started to cry as I lifted up my shirt and saw the old bruises that still have yet to heal. I put my shirt down and begin to pack. This was all in the past and my future is downstairs waiting for me. I finish packing and meet Wes downstairs as he has the rest of my stuff. I close the door and think 'never again'.