Chapter 10

Wes's POV

Why did I run out like that, I live with Mari she is going to come home and confront me. I get in my car, turn off my phone, and just keep driving.

I get to my house and lock myself in my room. I take off my shirt and just put on some sweat pants. I lay down in bed and decide to turn on my phone.

Once I turn it on, I'm bombarded by messages.

"Wes where r u ~SoKinky"

"Wes be careful~ Jovie"

"Wes relax~ Ant"

"There's something you need to know Wes~ Jovie"

"Mari is getting worried, we all are~ SoKinky"

"Wes please answer ~Mari"

"Wes please be ok ~Mari"

"Why aren't you answering ~Mari?"

"I'm coming home now you better be home ~ Mari"

I finish reading some of them and notice a knock at the door. I get up and unlock it.

"Come in" I say full of regret. I sit on my bed and watch my door open. I see Mari walking with tear stained cheeks, she runs and hugs me.

I hug back and when we pull away she punches me in the chest. "Ow!" I scream and look at her. Now she looks pissed, "why would run off like, why didn't you answer your damn phone" she's screaming and crying at the same time so instinctively wrap my arms around her. "I'm sorry, I panicked, and I didn't want to face rejection" I say to her.

I pull away and she looks at my eyes and leans in. I find myself leaning in as well. I close my eyes as I feel her soft lips against mine. "You weren't going to face rejection" she says with a smile and kisses me again.