1_Dream Trainer

Zacznij od początku

Once inside, I entered the kitchen to find Bella, my younger sister, munching on cookies at the table.

Bella froze like a deer in headlights when she was finally aware of my presence. 

I chuckled, shaking my head in amusement.

My sister was the spitting image of our mother, down to her style in cowgirl boots. 

Her curly black hair was tied up in a ponytail. 

She strangely had neat eyebrows and pale lips, brown eyes and dimples that revealed themselves whenever she smiled.

Despite her obvious feminine attributes, Bella could hold her own against any of our farmhands, just as mother had the uncanny way of commanding a crowd. 

It was epic really. 

Picture a small short adorable twenty-year-old girl terrorising grown men. 

In a word, Bella

I loved my sister dearly and would do just about anything for her.

"I didn't do it," Bell retorted, exciting my laughter enough that when I hollered, vibrations resounded the room. 

She looked especially innocent. 

If it weren't for the cookie trail near her mouth, I would believe her.

"What?" Bell looked on, feigning cluelessness.

"You've got a little something here," I reached over, removing some of the evidence with my forefinger.

She dusted the remaining bits in amusement while shaking her head.

"You caught me," Bell laughed both at herself and with me.

"Guess what?"

"You bought me a Jag?"

"Guess again,"

"You got me a cookbook?"

"Again,"

"I'm getting to go to Mars?"

"Not even close,"

"Then tell me already,"

"We just acquired the newest member of our family. Angel. The stallion."

"Really can I see him? Can I-can I?" Never mind her childish impression, Bella would be twenty in a few months but she rarely acted like it.

"Not at the moment," Bella began to pout and put on her puppy dog eyes. "Even with that face, you can't get to see him. In fact, no one until he is tamed. Angel almost took my head off."

"Interesting," She had one of those inspector expressions, the thinking face.

"Do you know of any trainers that are very exceptional?" I inquired as a matter of urgency.

"Paege Masters!" Bella got all excited, the cookies, all but forgotten—a bigger deal at this point, especially considering my sister loved food and sweets in particular. 

Her enthused expression made me wonder if she had been planning to ask all along. 

She stood before me, stars in her hazel eyes, both hands clasped together and a grin that lit up her face.

"Who is that?" I asked, wondering what I missed.

"Only the best companion for a horse. She is really good. Paege Masters works really really well with horses and she is a coveted trainer world over. A real talent with troubled horses. Caring for their every need. She is basically the Dream Trainer." Bell had been talking so fast, that when she finally took a breath, a hiccup was the result.