7_Angel

Paege

The stallion neighed as I neared it. 

He was a beauty with a thick neck and strong experienced legs. 

His black hair whipped back and forth in the fierce wind. 

The cold temperature, revealing his every breath.

I tried tentatively to reach out and touch him. However, he turned in his gait, immediately galloping to the other side.

Clearly, he didn't trust me yet. 

He barely had the patience to be around anyone at the moment, which reminded me of someone.

"Angel," I whispered, before inhaling a deep breath. "I won't hurt you."

I stepped a bit closer to the fence, and as though my words resonated with him, Angel neighed again. 

It was almost as if he was frustrated with me. 

He stood on his hind legs before finding his balance on his all-fours again, galloping over to my side of the fence.

I wasn't afraid of him, truth be told. 

I had learnt not to fear horses a long time ago. 

That would make a bad situation worse.

Horses could sense fear just as easily as sprinting across an open field.

Eyeing him closely, I noticed that something was irritating him.

Angel moved around the enclosure with a slight limp. 

It was subtle to the untrained eye, but I'd been around horses long enough to pick up anything out of the ordinary.

There seemed to be some sort of irritation at the front leg, on the left-hand side. 

The irritation caused him to step lightly on the front leg. 

He did so, to the other side of the fence.

I stepped closer to the fence, placing both arms against the topmost plank, joining them to prop my head.

Maybe, if it was a minor problem, I could fix it then he'd see that I meant him no harm. 

Maybe Angel would see that I had no intentions of hurting him.

Yes, I would, though it would be a bit risky. 

I was neither a fool nor was I stupid. 

I knew the dangers of being around an untamed stallion.

Still, nothing would deter me from my goal, I would do so with care and caution.

I climbed the fence, pulling my body to mount the top. 

My feet hit the inside of the enclosure. 

Angel became aware of my presence, turning his head so that he could observe me.

I neared him, with caution in easy graceful movements, careful not to startle him.

His mature form towered easily over my five-foot-two frame. 

He must've weighed fifteen hundred pounds, and could easily hurt me if he wanted to.

I spoke in hushed tones when I was close enough, enabling an atmosphere of serenity. 

I closed the gap between us, just enough to run my hands gently over his strong neck.