four

I pulled up to a Target two towns over, although it was an hour drive away, it gave me the space I needed without a coworker, college friend or professor stopping me and questioning me for my new addition. That was a lot of questions I didn't want to answer at this point in time.

I parked, getting out and going around to the side of the car. I opened the door and smiled as I noticed her eyes were open.

Blue I noted, a beautiful baby blue, but they darkened towards the centre. They were beautiful. Although I knew they may not stay that way, Roses were a beautiful blue as well, but a much darker colour.

"Hey there pretty lady. Are you getting hungry again? Ive got a bottle for you, princess." Talking to her was easy, it was easier than I thought. I felt this pull at my heart every time I looked at her, and I didn't understand it, but I actually loved it.

I walked into the store with her carseat hanging from my arm, heading to grab a red cart. I put her down into it, her curious blue eyes looked around the store but they blinked back to sleep as I walked around.

Inside the baby section I walked straight to the man at the desk. I wanted to see if their was a stroller attachment for this carseat, it would make it easier. I never knew I could think so logically in such situations like this, with a baby, until then. It was weird.

"Hi there, how can I help you?" A  young man asked with a smile. I smiled back softly, turning the cart so he could see the carseat.

"I was hoping to see if there was a stroller attachment for this stroller brand. Im not that knowledgable when it comes to strollers." I laughed slightly and he grinned back. He went to come around the desk after looking at the carseat, but stopped.

"You wouldn't happen to be Demi Lovato? I had a customer come in yesterday and preorder a carseat and stroller just like this one." He typed away at the computer for a second before looking up.

"The carseat was delivered this morning." I looked down at the carseat and nodded.

"Yes thats me, it was, she's in it at the moment." He nodded.

"Would you like it now? Or you can come back when you are finished shopping and we can help you bring it to your car." I thought about it for a second and choose to have it brought to my car later, it was easier to stop without the stroller, I had a lot of things I needed today, and I may need more than one cart.

"Alright, have a good day ma'am!" I thanked him for his help and fired headed towards the first lane I was going to shop in. 

Within an hour I had collected everything I needed except her clothing, I saved that for last. I was still in shock, but it made me happy, getting to buy these things. Its not something I thought Id be doing for a long time, but I was loving it.

I bought a box of diapers, a box of wipes, a little play seat that had toys hanging from above it, a few small toys, a package of soothers that had cute kittens on them. I bought another pack of socks and mittens, as well as a cute stuffed animal kitten that was pink and fluffy, and even I loved it. I also managed to put a beautiful black crib that I knew would fit wonderfully in my room on the bottom of the cart.

I walked through the clothing sections and picked out a bunch of stuff. It was mid March, so it would be summer soon, and the temperature were already starting to rise. I grabbed pyjamas, shorts, rompers, shirts, pants, a bathing suit, everything that I could grab. I loved everything, I knew she would look so cute in them.

I made my way through the grocery section and grabbed a few things I needed, then went to pay. The total was unbearable, but I had the money. It was a perk of having rich parents who actually didn't care but still sent you money, so I didn't feel bad spending it all because it was none of mine.

My SUV was packed. I could barely see out the back window, but I could see just enough to drive.  I managed to get everything packed, and then feed the baby before I took off. I had bought a Starbucks before I left and I had a few sips before putting the car in drive, moving out of the parking lot.

I was about twenty minutes away from my apartment when I seen police lights flash behind me. I groaned out loud, the baby had began to fuss and cry, being pulled over and being asked questions right now. I pulled out onto the side of the road and put my hazard lights on, rolling down my window. 

She started to cry in the backseat, but I refused to move from my spot, just incase. I hadn't had a bad experience with the police before, and they were often really nice, but I was always a bit anxious when I got pulled over. 

I took a deep breath as I watched the officer walk up beside me. I looked over at him and he greeted me with a smile. I gave a weak smile back.

"Hey there ma'am, you got a little one back there?" He asked, hearing her cry. I nodded, reaching back and managing to put her soother into her mouth.

"Well, I just pulled you over to let you know that your back taillight it on and your trunk is popped, but I see you have a lot of stuff in there."

"Thank you officer." I said calmly.

"Alright, have a good day ma'am." He smiled and nodded his head. As he walked away I let out a deep breath. I turned off my lights and speed back into the traffic. Shushing the, again, crying baby in the back.

"We'll be home soon, baby. I promise. I feel you, kiddo." I let out another sigh and continued driving, determined to make it home and get her out of that carseat. I wanted to get everything ready, then figure out her name, and send those papers off.

It was going to a long day, week, even month.

+++++

WOW. Im still so amazed by the reaction to this story. Thank you guys!

I love you all, please comment, fan and vote!

Love

K