The Witch Queen of New Orleans

6

A couple days had passed, and Elijah hadn't said anything to his younger brother or his niece. He didn't want to jump to any conclusions that Kol would hurt her. He kinda just observed.

"Dad!" Klaira yelled throughout the house, even though most of her family were vampires.

She had met Hayley. She knew she would look out for her and she was funny as well. Klaira told her about Kol and Hayley just told her to be careful. She had a maternal instinct when she met Klaira for some reason.

"What is it?" She found him in his study.

"Can I explore the Quarter with Bekah? She promised to keep me safe and Freya's done making my ring, see." She showed him her special ring. It was black and red, almost crimson. It had very intricate designs and were very familiar to her.

"How 'bout I take you instead?" He suggested standing from his seat walking over to his daughter. She actually looked a lot like him. Studying her, he noticed similar features like his cheekbones, his nose and the eyes. Well, the shape. His were blue and hers were a greenish hazel. Their hair was blonde but, hers was much lighter.

"Okay, Bekah said the art and the music are really cool."

"You like art?" They both walked out of his study, casually strolling down the hall. He didn't mention his sketches or his paintings to her.

"Do I." She sighed happily. He smirked. They were alike, not just their features. "When I was by myself, in the woods. I would use berries and other things and paint on random objects like rocks or trees."

He would do the same when he was a boy. "I have something to show you."

She hadn't looked in all the rooms yet. She didn't want to be nosy so, she didn't know of his paintings and drawings yet.

Klaus opened the door for her and she walked in speechless. She had never seen so much beautiful art in one room. There were some of horses, people, landscapes and other wonderful things.

"Did you do these?" She asked him brushing her hand along one of the precious pictures. He chuckled humbly.

"Some of them." He walked up next her. "Remember, compulsion's a very useful asset."

She chuckled breathlessly and he raised his eyebrow. She smiled and a tear rolled down her cheek. She embraced her dad and he wrapped his arms around her and looked around at his artworks.

She would still cry everyday and have nightmares when she slept but, she was getting better. He realized he was becoming very soft. He remembers when everyone feared him. When they couldn't even say his name without shaking and now, he was living in New Orleans with his family, caring for a teenager. Soothing her cries and wiping away her tears.

***

"It's beautiful." Klaira mused.

"We haven't even seen anything yet." Klaus chuckled and glanced down at the blonde.

"I know but, I love the culture. I feel free." She breathed in the fresh air. The music playing in the streets made her feel part of something special. Which she was.

"Tonight, I'll have to introduce you to an acquaintance of mine." He told her. She nodded her head and looped their arms.

Tonight was the full moon and apparently, full moons were more exciting at Marcel's compound. All the vampires meet up and celebrate. Klaira loved music so, he figured that it would be the perfect time to introduce them. Him and Marcel weren't fighting but, on talking terms.