Scream

1

A poor girl roamed the streets of a small town just outside of New Orleans. No one wanted her. She didn't know how to speak any languages. The only thing she knew how to do was scream.

One day she stumbled across someone's door step and decided to knock. She was starving and her little tummy wouldn't stop wailing.

A young woman of color answered the door. "Hello, do you need anything?" The little seven year old just stared at her as she couldn't understand the language.

"Excuse me, are you going to answer?" She still didn't understand and she did the only thing she knew how to do. Scream.

The woman stared at her wide eyed and shut the door right in her face. The little girl stood there confused and a single tear trailed down her pale cheek. She went to everyones door step and did the same thing each time, until someone let her inside their house.

"What's the matter with you child?" An old woman asked furiously as the girl sat down on an antique sofa. "You are a disgrace to this town. You shall never speak to anyone ever again."

The old woman grabbed her arm forcefully and brought her in her backyard. She opened a gate leading into the cemetery. There stood a cobblestone tomb, warn out and dead.

"You will stay in here. No one shall ever need to hear your wretched wails any longer." The old lady crept down the stone steps and dragged the child with her. She pushed her to the ground and chanted random words. "I grant you no mercy. I hope you rot in here, always and forever."

The woman left slamming the door shut on her way out. It was dark in the tomb but sunlight seeped through the cracks of the cold walls. The girl let out a blood curdling scream, louder than any other scream that has rattled her vocal cords. Her hazel eyes shimmered as tears fell from them. She gripped onto her matted blonde hair trying to ignore the pain in her dry cracking throat. She kept replaying the saying "always and forever" in her head. She didn't understand what it meant but it felt like someone had pierced something through her heart when the woman had said it. She knew it meant she was doomed of ever being happy.