2:24 The Dungeon

Začít od začátku

He spotted two objects glowing inside of the massive rubble pile and picked them up.

Soul Bound Ring

Upon death, revive at the Soul Beacon with souls, quintessence, and human form intact.

When given the choice between a phoenix and a snake, a man would choose a snake every time. A phoenix cannot choose its life span or when it will revive whereas an immortal snake can always choose when it should stop biting its own tail. Therefore, it is only in Heimfall where the snake is a symbol of trust and comfort.

Mad Soul

Souls of this nature can be broken down into usable soul currency.

A long hard life full of despair and weariness has worn this soul down and taken its luster and its former color. Once a vibrant blue long ago, this soul was infected and twisted by a black core that seeps a sickly brown and crimson aura.

"Can I farm these things?" Sam wondered aloud.

"Don't waste your time, Sam," Alex chimed in. "The Golem Mage only drops that the first time you defeat it."

"Of course, thanks, but are you sure you can even tell me that?"

"I'm sure. Make sure to use it wisely."

Getting painfully low on healing resources, Sam equipped the Soul Bound Ring right away and continued down the hall slowly. He was surprised that he wasn't ambushed again once he reached the end. He made his way back down to the other end, taking note of all the treasures and other cells of interest he'd passed along the way.

Once at the other side, he peered around the corner and saw the Golem Mage in the next hall floating in his direction. He quickly ducked down and huddled up to the wall as he waited for the mage to pass. He peered ever-so-slightly around the corner and saw the mage turn around and head in the opposite direction. He quickly made his move and stalked closer to his prey as silently as he could.

Halfway down, the mage stopped moving to examine what appeared to be a large gateway sealed with an iron barrier to its left. While it was preoccupied, Sam charged his weapon and struck it in its core. He internally squealed with delight as it went down to the ground face first in silence then turned to look at what it had been staring at. The barrier was connected to all sorts of machinery and was inserted into a manmade trench, so Sam got the feeling that it was moveable, but he didn't see any switches or levers nearby that would move it. He tried pushing it with no result.

"It probably sinks into the ground," he noted before moving on. There was a stairwell near the corner of the hall and to the left was yet another hallway lined with cells on both sides. He peered around the corner and saw a Revenant Golem patrolling far down the hall. It was walking in his direction, so he decided to wait it out. It took a few minutes to get to him and stood in front of the first two cells in the hall, facing towards the stairs. Once it turned, Sam recast Pierce on his spear and crept up behind the golem. He picked his spot and struck it with a charged attack. The golem went down silently and Sam looked around for possible reinforcements.

He saw another golem in a nearby cell with its back turned to him and avoided it by sneaking close to the cells on the opposite wall. He noticed more corpses in the cells, but none of them seemed to hold any items. Past the halfway point, his heart nearly jumped out of his body when he spotted a Golem Knight resting in a cell to his right with its back turned towards him. He crept by on the left, hoping to avoid battle altogether in this case.

The rest of the cells were empty until he got near the end of the hall. That's when he spotted the ambush. Two Revenant Golems rested in adjacent cells in front of a Golem Mage that floated at the end of the hall. The mage didn't notice Sam from the shadow he was hiding in. Sam got a good look at it and saw that it was wearing a necklace with a key attached to it.