{Chapter 3.}

UNEDITED

Lucy's /POV/

"What do you want?" One of the guys asked, as two others started coming over to me using my state of awe as an opportunity, but I quickly used my whip and hit them before they could get close enough, but then arms came and grabbed me from behind. I screamed in surprise, and pain as their nails dug into my arms. I had dropped both my whip and the bottle making the water spill out all over the ground. The salmon-haired boy glared at the man holding me, the glare was probably the scariest thing I've ever seen in my life! 

"You're going to let her go!" Suddenly his fists were on fire and my eyes went wide. THIS GUY HAD MAGIC TOO!?!? The guy holding me let go as another guy shrieked 

"THE FIRE DRAGON!" they all ended up running off. I quickly bent down and grabbed my whip, buckling it to the belt once more, I then grabbed the broken pieces of the clay bottle the water had been in. 

"I'm so dead!" I sighed to myself.

"Dead?" The salmon-haired guy asked behind me. I shrieked in surprise and stood up quickly kicking the guy in the stomach out of reflex. He was sent flying back into a tree. I gasped at what I had done, though I somehow knew this guy wouldn't hurt me. "Damn, you have a hard kick."

"Ah! Oh.my.god! I am so so so sorry!" I ran over to him not scared at all and helped him up.  "Thank you for saving me, and I'm really sorry about kicking you!" I then realised we were still holding hands and quickly snatched mine away, a light pink now dusting my cheeks. 

"I'm Natsu and its fine!" The guy said holding out his hand once more to shake, I took it and smiled at him.

"Lucy!" For some reason I felt perfectly safe around him, safe enough not to submit to him or anything, to just freely be myself. 

"So you're my dragon master?" I looked at him confused as we both pulled our hands away and put them by our sides. 

"Uhh, what?" I asked. I had only ever read briefly about dragons and their masters in books, to think this guy really was a dragon.

"Wait, you didn't know? No wonder it took me 5 years to find you!" He muttered the last past to himself.

"I think you hit your head too hard. I'm no dragon master, just an orphan maid." I said he looked at me weirdly then suddenly Gajeel started running towards us. I rolled my eyes. "Him again," I muttered. The realised that Levy, Mira and Laxus were all following him, and this time I physically facepalmed. "Great! I've already taken too long, lost the water and now more distractions! Uggg." I groaned, everyone except Natsu looked at me shocked. Gajeel quickly cleared his throat looking toward Natsu once more.

"Why are people running in fear." I sweat dropped.

"Karma," I muttered under my breath, but the boys seemed to all hear me and glance at me. 

"They attacked my mate," Natsu stated which made me snap back at him.

"I'm not your dragon master! Geez! You really did hit your head too hard!" everyone's eyes were on me once more, and I lowered my head submissively once more realising I was out of line. "Sorry for the disrespect sir." I quietly stated. 

"Found her and not only does she not know, she doesn't believe me." He states to everyone. Suddenly a carriage was heard coming in our direction, it then stopped in front of us, when I looked up my face went pale.

"Mistress Flare!" I quickly headed over to the carriage and sat on the dirt floor on my knees as she stepped out of the carriage looking at me. 

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?"

"I apologise My lady!" I quickly say, not letting my eyes leave the ground. 

"What are you all doing with my slave?" My mistress asked looking towards the group. This caused Natsu to growl and my to look up raising an eyebrow.

"How dare yo-" I glared at him, a glare I didn't know I was capable of. It was so cold and the command was obvious 'shut up'. He immediately shut his mouth and the girls giggled while Gajeel snickered. 

"AGAIN! I ASK WHO YOU ARE!!!!" This time it was a command from her, causing me to shrink back once more.

"That's rude." Laxus states. Lady Flares face went pale causing me to stand up in front of her slightly, almost protectively, I had one hand next to my keys, and one next to my whip. 

"L-lord Laxus?? Stand down Blondie." I nodded and stood to the side. Lady Flare bowed making me even more confused. Who were these people really? "Thank you for saving my idiot maid!" Lady Flare stood straight once more and grabbed my arm, making me flinch in pain as her nails dug into my skin, causing Natsu to growl, I once again shot him a glare.

"We must talk Lady Flare," Laxus stated. She sighed and nodded as she let go of me, causing me to step back and allow her on the carriage. 

"You'll have to walk as there won't be any room otherwise." I nodded at Lady Flare but kept my head down. 

"Natsu, you walk with her," Laxus ordered. Natsu nodded, but he looked like he was about to Murder her. Laxus, Gajeel, Levy and Mira all got on the carriage as it soon started towards the mansion.

"How often does she hurt you?" Natsu asked.

"What?" I asked surprised then answered "Hardly ever. Only when she's really mad." I replied as I started walking towards the mansion. 

"I won't let her ever hurt you again." I looked up at him shocked but nodded as to end that conversation. If he thinks he's able to take me away from Lady Flare, he's going to get a rude awakening once we get back to the mansion.

"So that was Lord Laxus?" I asked as to start a conversation, and we talked and got to know each other on the way back to the mansion. 

Once we got back, we met Levy, Mira and Gajeel who were all waiting outside Lady Flares office. "Come," I stated to them all as I walked over past the second dining room, the one used for guests, and all the way to the third lounge room. I gestured for them to sit, and hen headed to the kitchen, going past my living area to get changed into my uniform on the way back. 

When I got back, I put a tray of biscuits down, and they all looked shocked at my uniform change, Natsu was eyeing me up and down. I stood back standing in the corner of the room as always, with my down, knowing I should not take my place my mistresses side this time, or I may get in trouble. "You can sit down Lucy." I didn't respond, I just kept still, and stood at my post, they all sat in silence as they ate, Natsu more than the rest, and Gajeel not at all. Soon enough Laxus walked in with a frown.

"She won't let Lucy go." I smiled slightly amused.

"Told you so," I muttered. Okay maybe I didn't voice it, but I had told them....in my head. Even though I muttered it very quietly the boys must have heard as their heads shot over to me, causing my face to go immediately back to neutral. 

"You want to take my best slave, I'm sorry but it won't be happening." I looked up at my mistress as she walked in, I smiled taking it as a compliment. I quickly walked over to her side, bowing at her slightly.

"Well, we're not leaving without her!" Natsu yelled. Oh, boy....you're in for it now!