53 | Godless

<Koro-sensei>
Irina and I were in another mundane meeting down in the 3rd section. She and I made ended up making humorous gestures and faces at each other. What else was there to do? These men on the Board was just going over alterations and new proposals made by other departments. They were using us to deem approval.

"Yeah, I like that." Irina took her black stamp and pressed it against the juicy red ink pad. Then she transferred the stamp onto the paper with a lot of pressure applied.

Spontaneously, we all heard a loud boom. The heavy gust of wind blew the conference doors wide open and alerted all of us.

Both Irina and my watched glowed red. That was a signal that something happened in the Project Death department.

"Irina!" I called to get attention and she bolted from her seat. "I detained him the other day! You saw it!" Irina and I rushed out of the meeting.

She was right. I did see the heavy security placed on Death the other day. Chains, screws and added 85% gas into his dome to numb him almost entirely. How is this possible?!

When Irina and I came upon the lab, everywhere was destruction. Red lights blinking and oil spilling out of the tanks.

"Irina-"

"Don't have to say that twice!" Irina pulled the emergency latch and then ear ripping sirens blowed out throughout the facility. In 7 minutes tops, the facility was going to explode.

How did Death tap into the facility's domain and cancel out the first offense explosives? If anything, when Death had escaped, the facility should of went under total lockdown and then explode. Through the windows, I saw people evacuating the premises. Like a herd of sheep huddling in groups away from the facility.

Where could he have gone? Think, think! Irina pulled on my arm and dragged me out of the lab.

"We can't just wait around. Let's go!" Irina had a discourage look on her face. "This is the end! We have to leave it all!"

Irina must have thought that I couldn't bear to lose all my hardworking creations. All these projects were high class specimens that were all going to vanish. If I could I would free them all now. There would be no difference would there? I would not be reprimanded for taking them with me.

I shook Irina's grasp on me and patted her head lightly. She confusingly looked at me and then grabbed my arms again.

"D-don't you dare! Aguri is waiting for you back at home!" She exclaimed.

"It won't take me long I'm going to save those projects from the facility." I said.

"You're insane! Do you love your work more than your own life?!" She angrily shouted.

Again I took her hands off me and started running the opposite direction. As I ran I shouted behind me, "they're human too, I don't think of them as destructive tools!"
•••••
<Nagisa>
W-why was Death here? The sirens blared out and red lights blinked continuously. Karma stood in front of me like a shining knight to a princess.

There was a 5 minute count down from the alarm. Before we know it, we'll be obliterated in an instant.

"What's the meaning of this!" I shouted out at him. Death's face was over heating and face began to melt away. He really looked the God of Death that skull head of his.

"This is freedom isn't it?" Death chuckled sinisterly, "isn't this what my brothers and sister wanted? Wasn't this inevitable?" Death walked closer to us. "You wanted this too Karma." He added.

"Nagisa, leave. I'll deal with him." Karma insisted, "I'll take Naoko too. Just go first."

I shook my head.

"Karma, I'm not leaving you! I'm staying here with you." I rejected.

"Nagisa!" Karma's loud voice spooked me. "You want the four of us to die?!"

The four? He must be talking about the baby. It was admirable that Karma didn't care about himself in this kind of situation, but it was also selfish of him. Of me. How could I just leave him again?

"Love is just a fabricated fantasy." Death said, "it's nothing. You won't get anything from it but despair and regret."

"You're wrong!" I rejected. "What do you know?!" I exclaimed.

Why was he even here! Why us?!
Death stuck up his finger. Something shattered the glass dome between us. It all came crashing down loudly. Then something whizzed past me. Like a bullet. It missed me on purpose. He intended not to shoot me directly.

Karma sensed it too. His will to kill us with him. Karma attacked Death with his violent lasers however, Death dominated Karma. It wasn't the other way around. He's overwhelming too strong. During their battle, the lab set ablaze.
That was when Death shot multiple bullets at us again. Karma swung around and faced me. Taking on all the bullets for me. Every one of them.

"Karma!" I called his name.

He looked up and shook his head.

"It doesn't hurt. I'm fine." He assured.
With frustration, I looked back up at the alarm and saw that 2 minutes remained. Time was running out.

Death stared into my soul so coldly. His aura of blackening nothing touched me. Uncontrollably disgusting that I wanted to stab him. He played with us, I detested it.

<Karma>
I can't keep up with him. It's obvious that Death's abilities are more abstract than mine. He was a whole other generation more advanced than me. If only I was strong enough.
Why was it that he came here out of all places? I could tell that he and Nagisa knew each other before this incident. Why was he so fixated on us...her?

Even so, I have to make sure that Nagisa is safe. I can't allow anything to happen to her.
The ceiling started to cave in and the debris snowed down on us. Death was losing patience and I knew that soon, he would take us down with him completely. He laughed and looked upwards.

"I'll take all of my children with me to the other side.  It started with me Koro-Sensei and it will end with me. All your hard work will be for nothing." Death cynically burst out in excitement.

There was 30 seconds left and Death wanted to wear us down altogether. No sign of sympathy. Nagisa grabbed my hand and I could feel the fright in her blood. Frozen and instilled with fear.
What could I do? What is left to do?

I took it all in this moment. I know that this is the only option. I whirled around once more and embraced Nagisa tightly. Her arms around my waist and the hot breath on my chest. I inched in wanting to take a kiss with me but, even I couldn't take such a simple memory to the tomb. Nagisa's expression grew desperately. This is the end isn't it?

3...2...1
The white flash of light echoed.

Nagisa. Thank you for teaching me how to love. Thank you for giving me a reason to want to live. I know that I'm a terrible person for leaving you again. Even our only child. I love you to the ends of the earth, more than my own life. I would give it up for you over and over again if I had the chance.

I'm glad that you're the last thing I saw. Like a portrait of a fine lady on display. Utterly beautiful.
When I thought I had lost all sense of hearing, I was able to hear Nagisa call my name one last time. The sweet soothing and pure voice of hers.

I'll cherish it forever.