Minty Goodness

I walked down the hallway slowly, hoping that Ryder would run out after me, but he didn't. I knew he wouldn't, butI had one ounce of hope left that he would. I reached the room to my door and looked back to see if he was there. He wasn't.

Asshole.

I walked into my room and slammed the door, maybe a little too hard and plopped down onto the bed. I bawled into the pillow for a while until I heard a knock at the bedroom door. I quickly wiped away my tears and opened the door to see who it was. Of course, it was Ryder, he stood in the doorway with his head down and looked up when I opened the door. He had a bowl of ice cream in his hand I assumed he was going to try and use as leverage to make me less mad at him.

"Hey Em. I brought you this. I know this doesn't make up for saying that uh...stuff, but I thought it would help?" He said holding out the bowl of ice cream, I could tell by the color it was mint chocolate chip, my absolute favorite. "It's your favorite, I went to the store and got it."

"Thanks." I said smiling and taking the ice cream. How could I resist my favorite ice cream, this asshole knew the way to my heart.

I walked over to the bed and sat on it, Ryder followed sitting next to me. He put his hand on my thigh and made circles sending goose bumps up my arms.

"What're you doing?" I said with a mouthful of ice cream. Great job Emma you're so charming.

"Doing something I should've done months ago."

His warm, gentle lips smashed against mine without warning, causing me to choke on my ice cream and pull away from him, in the process coughing and spitting my minty goodness all over him. I could instantly feel my cheeks turn bright red when he started chuckling.

"Ryder! You made me choke on my ice cream!" I whined but, it was no use, it just made him crack up even more.

"I gotta go get a new shirt, I'll be back in a second." He said after laughing.

"I'm sorry." 

"Don't worry about it love." He said smirking as he walked away leaving me blushing.

By the time Ryder got back from changing his clothes, the weed we had smoked earlier finally kicked in. 

****

Ryder's POV

"Hey, Ryder!" Emma said as I walked into her room and sat on the bed.

"Hey, Em?" 

"I gotta tell you something, but its a secret, so shh."

Fuck she's high.

"What is it Em?"

"I'm really jealous of Jessica because I like you, but I'm not supposed to act like it because you like her more than me." She giggled and flopped back on the bed. "You should kiss me again it was good I don't have ice cream now." 

"Um, yea some other time okay Em? I uh gotta go to bed, and y-you do too so why don't you get into bed." I tried not to stumble over my words, but I was still trying to process what just happened.

"Aww, Riediekins is embarrassed." She said in a taunting voice and stuck out her tongue.

****

"Riediekins!" Emma called out after me on my first day of fifth grade. "I missed you so much!" She said engulfing me in a hug.

"You have to stop calling me that especially here people are making fun of me for it, and you saw me yesterday." I said looking around making sure no one was watching. Luke and a few of his friends walked out from a corner and laughed at me holding their stomachs as they laughed harder.

"Girls have cooties." Luke said while sticking his tongue out. "Especially my sister." 

They ran away laughing and I pushed Emma off of me saying, "See what you did? Thanks."  I started to walk away, but she called after me.

"Aww. Ridekins is embarrassed." 

****

"Goodnight Em. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay goodnight!" She said as she laid down on the bed and pulled the covers over her.

I want her. No. I don't want her, I need her. Tomorrow is going to be the best day of her life.

****

Hey, guys! Sorry this chapter took me so long to upload, my step sister took over my room and I didn't have anywhere to write in private. Anyways I'll try and upload every day and every few days again sorry again guys. Also, this chapter is like 300 words shorter than usual because I figured that too much stuff already happened in it and the end was a good ending place. Sorry, you guuuys. Next one will be longer! 

QOTD: Whats your favorite icecream?

A: Mint Chocolate chip ;)

Juggie!

Until nextime

-K 

xx