Back to Reality

2 weeks had passed since my brother died. The funeral was beautiful and I was staying in the guest room of Ryder's house. Today was Friday so there was really no point in going back this week, but Ryder said it will be good to "ease" into it. My escape from reality was over.

Ryder snuck in the room and jumped on he bed to wake me up.

"Wake up, wake up, wake up lazy bones!"

I was glad to see him back to his cheery devilish ways.

"Okay okay I'm up I'm up!" I said while getting up and walking to the vanity.

Ryder walked out of the room to get himself ready I assumed and I turned my attention to my now droopy messy bun from sleeping. I pulled my hair down and let it cascade down until it reached halfway down my back. I brushed it and straightened it.

I finished with my hair and walked over and put on my clothes. I decided on a dark maroon flowy sweater with light blue ripped jeans and white hightop vans. I looked in the mirror. I was an ordinary girl with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. I applied some mascara and raspberry lip gloss and walked out of the room.

I walked down the stairs and sat down on the stools by the counter top. Ryder was already sitting there with his younger pregnant sister Layla. She was 15. FIFTEEN! She acted just like her brother and I was surprised that Ryder also wasn't pregnant.

Ryder turned his attention to me and ruffled my hair.

"Took you long enough." He looked at me with a smile.

"Yeah well it takes time to look this good." I said sarcastically and flipped by hair. Layla and Ryder both started laughing hysterically.

We talked for a while until Ryder's mother brought us pancakes. I had been staying at Ryder's house for 4 days now and I still wasn't over the way he ate. He shoveled it in so fast I wouldn't be surprised if someone mistaken him for a dog. And yet, he still looked hot with syrup and butter all over his face. After 10 minutes of Ryder eating a dozen pancakes he finally got up and rinsed his plate. After eating 2 pancakes I was stuffed and I rinsed my plate also and sat back down waiting for Ryder to get back from the bathroom.

He got back finally and walked over to me and put on a smirk. He picked me up by my legs and hooked them on his shoulders. He waved goodbye to his mom and started walking.

"RYDER PUT ME DOWN!" I yelled as he walked over to the living room to grab our bags and go to the car.

"Oh you want me to put you down huh?" I could just hear the smirk in his voice and suddenly he swung me up and threw me on the couch. I let a small shriek slip out as I plopped onto the couch. I thought it was over until he crawled on top of me and whispered in my ear.

"I'll never let you fall, babe." He smirked as he pulled away. Probably noticing the redness entering my cheeks and goosebumps forming on my arms. He jumped up and pulled me up by the arm. He grabbed our bags, let go of my arm, and threw my bag into me. I caught it and put it on and he started walking towards the door.

"You ready for your first day back?"

"No." I said the smile dropping from my face.