Say your Goodbyes

I always knew my brother was in a gang but I just didn't know the extent of it I guess. He was just killed in a drive by shooting at my house. We were outside raking leaves when it happened. I got shot in the thigh and he got shot in the chest. I knew he was gone.

I burst though the doors of my house clutching my thigh in my hand trying to stop the bleeding while I was yelling for my brothers bestfriend who was staying with us for a while. I was never good with blood. I looked back at my brother. I went unconscious. Im not sure if it was from the loss of blood, the pain, or just seeing him lying there on the grass dead.

Suddenly I woke up I jerked up until I sat up in my bed. I looked around and saw that I was in a hospital. No one was around though. I looked over to a chair and noticed a cream colored hoodie draped over the back of the chair. I needed to know what happened to my brother so I got up and noticed that I was wearing a hospital gown and my leg was badly hurt. I sat back on the bed and cried. I cried for what seemed like hours until someone walked in.

I looked up to see Ryder my brothers bestfriend standing in the doorway with a styrofoam cup in his hand. He set the cup down and ran over to me. He looked as though he hadn't slept in days and there was a hurt in his eyes unimaginable. He sat down beside me on the bed and hugged me and put his head on my shoulder. An amazing smell of cologne and strawberries engulfed me. We stayed like this for a while until he pulled away and looked me in the face. He looked down and I instantly knew for certain that my brother was gone. He was only a junior in high school and he was gone. And unimaginable pain swept over me and I began to cry. I didn't care that Ryder  was there I just wanted to cry.

He pulled me closer and hugged me again. I cried on his shoulder for a while until I fell asleep in his arms.
--------------------------
Hey guys i hope you liked the very first chapter of my book! I know it was short, next chapter will be much longer. Let me know in the comments if I should keep writing or just stop now and act like it never happened lol.
Until next time.
-K