"The hell-"

"Don't you 'the hell' with me," I glare at him, the anger coming back quickly.

"What did I miss?" Dante questions, moving toward his clothes and putting his pants on over his boxers.

Keveon does himself a favor and remains silent, my eyes narrowing on him as I say, "He let Arthur hit me...harder than he should have considering I'm supposed to be 'human'."

"Wait...what?" Dante questions and moves back toward me with the sheet in his hand. He covers it around my body and I hardly notice when I hold it just above my breasts, Dante taking the empty cup from me. His gaze lands on Keveon and he asks, "What happened?"

Keveon shakes his head, the water droplets flying in all directions as he replies, "She sassed Arthur, what did you expect to happen?"

"You what...?" Dante's voice trails off as he narrows his eyes at me.

"Don't look at me like that..." I point back at Keveon and state, "Arthur gave him a choice if he'd rather punish me or have Keveon do it..."

Keveon releases a sigh while Dante steps in and speaks for him, "If that's the case Rose, Arthur was testing Keveon."

"How does that make any sense?" I lower myself down onto the edge of the bed, confusion clearly written on my face.

"When Arthur gives you a choice...he really isn't giving you one," Dante explains thoughtfully. His eyes shift to Keveon before falling back on me, "he made the right choice, however bad it may appear to you, he was playing Arthur's game correctly."

"Asshole..." I mutter beneath my breath, "Arthur is a fucking asshole!" I growl and I feel my control slipping away.

Dante shakes his head and lowers himself down beside of me, he wraps an arm around my lower waist, holding me against his side. He returns gently, "Baby girl...I'll kill for you, I promise you that...but we can't overstep our boundaries right now or it'll get us all killed. You need to be calm, Arthur's testing you, otherwise he wouldn't have selected your chore to specify revolve around the council members."

I nod my head and release a heavy sigh, remembering what makes me human and isolating my gene. When I glance up at Keveon I tilt my head to the side and sheepishly grin, "Uh...sorry about the water."

"Well, I didn't come here to talk about that," Keveon's eyes shift to Dante before returning to me, "Missy-"

"Your cheap whore? Yes please do go on," I fold my hands neatly on my lap, awaiting to hear exactly what Missy said to him.

Keveon rolls his eyes and states, "Anyways...she said she caught you two in bed..." he eyes us, "obviously not the first time..."

"You interrupted me getting lucky for the third time in a row," Dante rolls his eyes and I elbow him gently in the ribs.

"Boo fucking hoo," Keveon shakes his head and is about to say something when I giggle.

"Oh look! Now he's the one that needs to get laid," I arch a brow while nudging Dante, hearing his own chuckle quietly emit from the back of his throat.

Keveon is about to snap when he takes a deep breath and deadpan informs us, "Missy told Arthur."

We both grow silent very fast.