The Life of an Idol

JESSICA POV

Days passed. Months passed. I've trained every single day after receiving the new debut song and learning the choreography. I was exhausted, staying in the practice room practically every single day for around 7 hours and then going to work at the bubble tea shop afterwards. It was tiring, but I got through it, and now, look where I am. My debut stage. I stood on the stage of Inkigayo, nervously waiting for the red light on the camera to shine and the music to start.

I thought back to when I was just beginning as a trainee and entered Sm(which wasn't very long ago). I thought back to when I was fired from Shinhwa to take the path of an idol. I replayed the memories in my head, realizing what I had done to get here, my debut stage. And now, it was finally time to perform.

The music started, the lights started shining, and the cameras started rolling. I myself started to sing and dance to the choreography along with the backup dancers.

[a/n I don't know what I should do about this this is hard]

I finished the stage with the ending pose, which was something I came up with just now. The choreographer told me to just do whatever pose... So my body just kind of posed by itself. Apparently, my body still had my model instincts, because it was doing a pose I constantly did while I was a temporary model for Shinhwa.

I was sweating and breathing hard, since the choreography was exhausting and I had to sing while I was dancing, and Ji Hyo unnie tried to cool me down by wiping the sweat from my face and fanning me with a random piece of paper she found lying around.

It was supposed to be a rehearsal but I guess they didn't want to record again?? Well anyway they decided to use that recording instead of filming again live.

Since I was finished recording, Manager Park led me to the van to move on to the next schedule. Ji Hyo unnie followed quickly, and he started driving again to who-knows-where. I had long given up knowing where I was going, since Manager Park never bothered to tell me. I just decided to go with the flow and find out what's happening when we get to the destination.

On the way, Ji Hyo unnie was touching up my makeup, which took me a while to get used to by the way. I'm used to doing my own makeup (well at least when I worked at Shinhwa and actually wore makeup). I would always cringe when a she tried to draw the eyeliner and put on the mascara. I made her mess up so many times because of my cringing, she wasn't very happy about that. But I soon learned to control my reflexes and just let her do my makeup.

We soon arrived at the place i was supposed to be, and I got off the van with Ji Hyo unnie. "Try not to do anything stupid, create a good image for yourself" Manager Park instructed me while leading me to... The sbs building?

"Uhh Manager Park? Why am I here?" I asked, amazed by the size of this humongous at-least-25-story-building.

"Oh right, you're filming for running man then tomorrow you're going to record for Sukira at 9:50pm. Sometimes, running man is overnight so we might not see you until tomorrow. Be careful, Hwaiting!" Manager Park gave me a little push as I stood behind some kind of... Curtain? I waved to him and Ji Hyo unnie, and the PD explained how they were going to surprise the cast.

"Who's behind that curtain?" I could recognize some familiar voices of the cast of running man as I waited nervously for whatever's going to happen to me. Just as the members were anticipating, the music to my debut song started playing loudly from the speakers.

"Its Jessica!!" The members exclaimed as I nervously poked my head out of the shiny red curtains and slowly walked down the steps. We all did our greetings and stood in a line for introductions.