1

dear tyler,

this is my first time ever trying mail, sorry if this doesn't get to you! if this ends up getting to some old man in indonesia, hello!

tyler chuckles.

anyways, how is tour? i miss my bestie! i heard you and josh are getting to be pretty big. i've even heard you guys on the radio a few times! of course i cranked the radio and rolled down the windows yelling, WOO TYLER THIS IS MY BEST FRIEND! and i got some strange looks too.

tyler loudly laughs, causing josh to throw his phone in surprise and almost fall off the couch.

it was totally worth it though, i'm so proud of you guys! i remember when we were six or something and you were playing your play piano and singing along, and you told me you wanted to be a singer. i told you that you couldn't, of course, being the bitch six year old i was, but i was proven wrong.

tyler grins.

just... congrats. it sucks you have to travel this much, but i'm happy you're coming home in a few weeks. we really need to catch up on orange is the new black. oooh! and eat a bunch of junk food and get fat and then work out together. that would be awesome. i have to go now, but i'll see you later!

    love,
lily

**

"wow, lily is really something." josh says, while scanning lily's letter. "she is so... loud. even in writing!"

tyler chuckles while falling back onto the couch in his dressing room.

"yep. she's been that way since we were kids," he says. "very loud."

josh laughs while moving over to the food table and grabbing an apple. "i just met her before we left a few months ago, and man was she loud."

tyler grins and nods.

"it was so funny when she got black-out drunk, she started yelling and whooping, and screaming the embarrassing stuff that's happened to you," josh says, remembering lily's... scene. and tyler's secret of having an accident at barnes and noble last year with lily, and she wasn't supposed to tell anyone.

"that embarrassed me so much," tyler whispers, while putting his hand over his face.

josh looks at him and smirks.

josh stands up and walks over to the table to grab his earpiece, and puts it in.

josh, on stage in 2 minutes. the walkie-talkie says sharply.

"well, i gotta go," josh says, while checking the clock. he waves his hand and walks out of tyler's dressing room.

tyler, you too. get ready. the machine says.

tyler grabs his earpiece and puts it in. he grabs lily's letter and carefully folds it up, putting it in his bag. he runs out of the room to the side stage and hears the walkie-talkie say,

"3...2...1... go."

and with that, he runs out to the piano and the start of ode to sleep, and jumps over it. the crowd screams.

he starts rapping the song, with the venue singing along. all the screaming reminds him of lily. hey, she could be loud when she wanted to.

he thinks about lily for the rest of the show.

---------------

okay, so, i think this fic has a lot of potential. make sure to comment and vote!! please tell me if you like it so far.

anyways, the character lily will look like emma watson.

hope you like it! i'm in a writing mood so i'll be updating a bit.

hayden

(oh, and if you saw the last chapter in my other fic, how to save a life, i still haven't recovered i've been crying all night 😂)