dear tyler,

  i'm so excited for you to come home! only two more weeks! i'm missing you a lot and so is the cat. i'm still a bit pissed at you for asking me to watch josh's cat for five fucking months, but i've grown to love him. he's still a bitch but he's nice.

josh gasps and looks at tyler with wide eyes.

"she thinks drake is a bitch? wow, i hate lily now." josh says, obviously upset. he runs his fingers through his blue hair and tyler laughs at him.

yeah, drake isn't so bad i guess. it's still stupid of josh to name him drake because ya know, drake and josh? but like i said, he's not bad. he's annoying when he wakes me up at three a.m though to cuddle. like, let me frickin sleep! anyway, i watched titanic without you last night and it as terrible crying alone. when you come back, we are definitely watching all our movies. the ones we cry in, i mean.

"you loser!" josh says. "who cries in titanic?" as soon as the sentence leaves his mouth, he instantly regrets it. tyler smirks.

"um, you do, josh." tyler sasses. josh rolls his eyes.

i went to dinner at your family's house the other day, it was great. your mom is so sweet, same with your dad. your siblings know me well, so it's almost like we are all related in some way. wait. never mind that sounds really weird.

tyler snorts.

jay is still an ass,

"true," tyler thinks.

zack is okay but still really annoying,

"true again," he says to himself.

maddy is super sweet and nice, i don't know how she is your sister. and she's really good at nails.

"very true again," tyler thinks.

  i cannot express how happy i am that you are coming home in only two weeks! ahh! we have to do everything we've missed out on in the past five months. like going camping in the rockies and going to skyzone and other shit like that. miss ya like crazy!

           love,
                    lily

                                **

tyler grins as he rereads lily's letter for the fifth time that day. he is currently sitting at a booth in a restaurant in the middle of nowhere, with josh and the rest of the crew. the tour bus broke down, as bad as it is, but what makes it even worse is that it broke down in the middle of the desert. the only thing for miles being the restaurant they were currently residing at.

"hey tyler," mark says, while walking over to him with their food and sliding next to him. "what are you reading?" he peers over the top of the paper and reaches out to grab it. tyler pulls the piece of paper away and scoots away from mark.

"um, something important. sorry." tyler says softly.

mark seems to understand and he keeps his space from tyler's letter.

"it's okay, i get it," mark says as he goes to take a handful of fries.

josh walks over to them and slides into the booth on the opposite side, and he takes some fries from the middle.

"so apparently," he says, "we have to sleep here overnight."

tyler and mark look at each other in alarm. mark even spits out his water into his cup. "we have to sleep in the restaurant?" mark says loudly, gaining surprised looks from the crew.

"no, we don't!" josh waves his hands back and forth. "that was a bad way to put it. we just have to sleep on the bus,"
he says reassuringly. "nothing bad."

mark lets out a breath. "thank god! i thought we had to sleep on the floor of this crappy restaurant," he says awfully loudly. a waitress gives mark a nasty look.

he shrugs his shoulders. "well, it is!"

-------

yay!! 2 updates in a row!! maybe three if i'm up for it today.

hope you guys like it so far!! quick question, do u guys want some pov's from lily's perspective, or keep it with tyler until he gets back home?