Prologue

Thirty Years Ago

Summer Valentine a multi-talented blonde was a new pledge to Kappa Kappa Psi.

Tonight was the night in which she would complete her final challenge and become a full sister of the sorority. She was nervous but very excited for her challenge.

Summer knew what she wanted and she refused to let anything or anyone stand in her way.

A party was being held at Kappa House and all members and pledges of the sorrority were invited to attend.

Summer was accompanied by one of her closest friends and also a sorority sister, Trish.

Trish left Summer in the gathering room where everyone was partying.

Summer took a drink and sat on the couch.

"God I hate Andy sometimes," Kurt, a popular jock said. Summer glanced at him and took another sip of her drink.

"Sorry. I just don't understand chicks sometimes. Too many obligations you know?"

"What happened?" Summer asked. "So for our one year-aversary I wanted to stay in and enjoy each other's company but she wanted to go and she said we don't go out enough and whatever and I'm just sick of it, it's always all about what she wants."

"Well have you tried talking to her?" Summer asked.

"It doesn't matter I'm done I can't deal with her right now. After tonight my fun ends and I don't need her bumming me out."

"Why's that?"

"Because I have to get my grades up so I can transfer into Standford." "Standford wow. Good school."

"Yeah but it's not really what I want. I want to stay here and go pro with football but my dad doesn't want that."

"Isn't college supposed to be about what the child wants?"

Kurt took a sip of his drink and answered. "Not with my parents. See my mom and dad did Business and so does my older brother so I'm just expected to follow the family's footsteps and do Business at Standford."

"Have you tried telling them that Business is not your passion? Football is."

"You don't understand my family. Especially my dad. Things like these have never been up for discussion. No he says she says. Only what dad says."

"Well how about you try sitting them down and getting them to listen to what you have to say. Instead of them talking and you listening. It's time for you to talk and them to listen."

Kurt nodded his head at Summer's perspective.

"Enough about me. Why'd you join a sorority?"

"Well it's always been a dream of mine to do Law or international relations and what better way to understand all that than a group of different people learning to accept each other and loving each other with all their differences. Plus it looks good on job applications."

"That's an interesting way to look at it. I always thought sororities were filled with back stabbing bitches who degrade others to make themselves feel better," Kurt chuckled.

"Well something like that but that's not all. I mean joining a sorority is like having a second family. A home away from home. It's a group of girls who have your back."

"You know Summer I really like your insight into certain things. You're pretty smart."

Kurt finished his drink and removed Summer's from her hand. He began leaning in and Summer found herself leaning in also, until their lips touched.

While Kurt and Summer were enjoying the feeling of their lips against each other's, they didn't know that someone was watching them.