Chapter Six

~~Three Years Later~~ ( Max Jacobs)
(Same year as it was for Winter)
"Has anyone seen Max?" Luna Paige asked everyone who was sitting in the kitchen.
"No sorry Luna" they all said.
"I know where he is" Christie said coming from around the corner.
"Where is he" she asked her.
"He's in Winters room looking at all the pictures" she said and walked away.
Luna Paige climbed the stairs and made her way to Winters room where her son was sitting on the floor.
"Max" she said kneeling down to his level. He looked up at his mother with tears and his eyes and said
"Mom I miss her, I can't remember why, but I do" he said.
"Because honey she was very special to you, and she always will be, now come on take this picture and bring it into your room"
She watched Max leave Winters room and decided the best thing for her son would be to lock the entrance to her room so he couldn't get in and he wouldn't sink deeper into his depression. She locked the door that connected the two rooms then she stepped out of the room and locked the door that lead into the room. She hid the keep at the top of the door frame because she knew her son for now wouldn't be able to reach it.
--
Max sat in his room staring at a picture of him and Winter together. He placed it on the dresser and then sat on his bed. He started to think about everything they had done in the couple
Years they'd known each other and their accident. He began to get upset remembering how when he got up she wasn't anywhere to be found. That she just disappeared and left him. Nobody would tell him what happened or let him see her. They kept a lot from him, and he didn't understand. He wanted his mate, but his mother told him that she would come back when the time was right.
--
Max made his way downstairs and into the living room where all the kids were crowded in a circle.
"Hey what's going on" he said pushing his way through. After he pushed through the last kid to get to the center of the circle her saw Christie in the middle of it bawled up on the floor crying and blood coming from her nose.
"What happened here" he said turning towards the kids.
"She thinks that she is more important then us just because she thinks she knows the princess and your her friend, she's just an omega, she should stay in her own place" the betas son Chris said.
"Chris she's part of our pack"
"But she's not our equal, do you want to be our friend or hers"
Max looked down at Christie who had been his friend for five years now and then looked and the guy who would help run his pack when they were old enough to be passed down the position. He chose his future with his beta.
He mind linked Christie saying he was sorry then kicked her in the stomach, laughed and walked off being followed by his new friends.
--
"Did you call me?" Luna Paige said walking into her husbands office.
"Yes now that your here I can give my announcement" he said.
" A couple of hours ago there
was an attack on the royal family, the Queen is dead, and the princess was sent away know one knows where, the king said a few rogues got away and he wants us to capture any and send them to him"
"Who found her body"
"Winter did"
"That poor girl" Luna Paige said getting out of her chair and walking away. She left the room and bumped into Max who had been listening the whole time.
He looked at his mom and then ran the other way. He ran into his room and slammed the door shut. He couldn't believe that his mate was gone, he couldn't believe that he may never see her again. After everything that was said had his mom lied to him about Winter coming back. Had he lost his chance at seeing her again.
"Come on dude we're gonna go throw rocks at that omega girl" his new friend Chris said motioning him to come on.
He hopped off his bed and followed suit.