Chapter 10: Keefe

I walked out of the closet, my clothes backwards. "The party is back!"
Everyone was glaring at me. Sophie was gone. So was Linh.
My smile faded. "What?"
"Nice going." Fitz said and stormed upstairs.
Tam sighed. "You shouldn't have told him to tell her. They're both really upset."
"Okay, okay, I get why Sophie is upset, but why is Fitz? It's not like he actually liked her..." I stopped and looked at the expressions on everyones' faces.
"Oh no...why are y'all looking at me like that?" I wondered out loud.
"Keefe, can I talk to you over here?" Biana dragged me back to the closet and shut the door.
Okay...
"Why did you give Fitz that stupid dare? You made Sophie so upset!" Biana screamed and then slapped me.
I rubbed my cheek. "Ow...Sophie will be fine. She's strong. She'll get over him."
Biana paced the closet. "You don't get it, Keefe!"
"What?" I stared blankly at her.
"Fitz actually did like Sophie!"
Oh.
Oops.
"But then..."
"No time to explain, we have to fix this now!" Biana dragged me to the entrance to Sophie's room.
"Wait, Biana." I pleaded.
She stared at me. "For what?"
I didn't know why we should wait. I didn't know what to say. I wanted to fix things but my tongue was flat in my mouth like a stone and my mind was racing and...
It all came together.
"Biana, run away with me." I said.
"What?!? Are you crazy?!?" Biana exclaimed.
"No, I'm not! We can't face anyone now--or at least I can't after what I did to Fitz and Sophie. But I don't want to leave you behind, because..." I stopped. "Because I love you."
Biana stepped closer to me. "Well in that case," she said with a smile on her face. "What are we waiting for? I'll go pack my bags." She hurried off.
Wait. Bags as in, plural? More than one? "Bia--never mind." It's her problem if she wants to carry around 10,000 bags.
{*•*•*•*}
"Ready?"
I nodded.
We jumped out the window and fell to our deaths.